Expedia - Wrongfully refunded waiting resolution since March 2014!
I wrongfully reserved a hotel via Expedia (Melia Cabo San Lucas, Mexico) not realizing they would charge me at the time of the booking.I then requested a refund, to which they obliged immediately.
After inquiring about the refund, I received an email from Expedia that said: "We checked on your account and verified that USD 4,125.38 was charged last January 15, 2014. It is showing cancelled and refunded last January 27, 2014. We already initiated your refund of USD 4,125.38, which will go on the card used to make the booking. The time it takes to post to your account depends on how quickly your credit card company processes refunds." However, my credit card says that Melia charged me on February 24th the amount of USD 3.950,89 and refunded me on the 26th of February the amount of UDS 3.371,55 neither amount which compare to the cost of USD 4,125.38 of the hotel.
Expedia still says that they charged and refunded this full amount but my bank extracts read differently. The bank was unable to solve this dispute with Expedia and is forcing me to pay the difference with interest! It's been almost a year!
I need help asap!Expedia is a terrible company, with no regards for its customers!
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hotel Reservation Refund
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This was our first time using Bookvip.com and we are quite impressed with the excellent and timely way every encounter with them was handled. We were treated like VIP during..."
- "Our vacation at experience at Secrets Guanacoste in Costa Rica..."
- "Absolutely disappointed. Booked a flight a few months ago and made a change to its date paid the fees and went through the whole process. Last week I decided I..."
- "Now is 16 Jan 20:40p.m.!!!!!Again again and again confirmed pick up but not appear!! What is Qxpress doing? See it yourself, until now the status is confirmed!! BUT NO PICKUP..."
- "2 days ago 1 of my daughters opened can of corn for dinner. It was supposed to expire: 08/31/2017. It was a nightmare to see that. it was something terrible.It..."
- "Bought a brand new generator tested it and the engine ran fine unfortunately I didn't think to check power output. When the latest storms hit my area I found the..."
- "I bought case lifeproof to iphone 6The case broke within warranty period and i sent many times by email to warranty sector and never heard back ...."
- "2535 Hauser BoulevardLos Angeles, California 90016 Monday, December 21, 2015 c/o Mr. Constantino de Oliveira, Chairman c/o Mr. Paulo Sergio Kakinoff, President & Chief Executive Officerc/o Mr. Sérgio Quito, Chief Operating..."