Expedia - Wrongfully refunded waiting resolution since March 2014!

662 of 1673 Expedia reviews

I wrongfully reserved a hotel via Expedia (Melia Cabo San Lucas, Mexico) not realizing they would charge me at the time of the booking.I then requested a refund, to which they obliged immediately.

After inquiring about the refund, I received an email from Expedia that said: "We checked on your account and verified that USD 4,125.38 was charged last January 15, 2014. It is showing cancelled and refunded last January 27, 2014. We already initiated your refund of USD 4,125.38, which will go on the card used to make the booking. The time it takes to post to your account depends on how quickly your credit card company processes refunds." However, my credit card says that Melia charged me on February 24th the amount of USD 3.950,89 and refunded me on the 26th of February the amount of UDS 3.371,55 neither amount which compare to the cost of USD 4,125.38 of the hotel.

Expedia still says that they charged and refunded this full amount but my bank extracts read differently. The bank was unable to solve this dispute with Expedia and is forcing me to pay the difference with interest! It's been almost a year!

I need help asap!Expedia is a terrible company, with no regards for its customers!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Hotel Reservation Refund
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #556290 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Expedia? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
662 of 1673 Expedia reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.