Verified Reviewer

Expedia is a fraud and offers zero help in customer service. I booked and expensive hotel in Beaver Creek and cancelled a week later and I purchased insurance in the even I needed to cancel.

I called the hotel owner/manager to cancel when travel plans changed and my partner was sick. He abruptly said I needed to cancel with Expedia since I booked through them. I immediately called and requested the future hotel reservation be cancelled 2 weeks before the scheduled visit. I found out that Expedia did nothing to cancel the reservation when I received a survey about my experience at the resort.

I was amazed at the lack of communication and follow through from Expedia. Since then I have been trying to get a refund, a free room from the hotel or reimbursement from insurance.

Nothing is happening and I am wasting my time including now. I will never use this service again and I will tell everyone I know that Expedia is a fraud with zero customer service.

User's recommendation: learn customer service and act responsible. don't lie to your customer!

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Expedia Cons: Lying to me saying they cancelled when they did not, No resolution, Very long waiting time for customer service, Lack of follow up, No transparency of booking via expedia.

Comments