I am sharing my frustrating and terrible experience as an Expedia customer with everyone so do think twice about ever booking your travels with Expedia. the vendor of the tour if I am not mistaken, is JWH Entertainment that also operates tours in other parts of Germany apart from Hamburg. Despite having used Expedia for many years, I will for sure NEVER use them again and certainly could never trust their operators in general from this bad experience. Until now, I have not heard back from Expedia despite having spoken to 3 seemingly 'helpful customer service' agents who promised to follow-up and update me in addition to providing USD 50 credit - which I told them was even irrelevant despite being a nice gesture, all I requested for, was for a refund of the cancelled Beatles Bus tours, I did not even care for the credit or any other form of top-up compensation. Expedia deals with people like robots operating alongside machines, hence, if customer sevice is your priority, Expedia should be dropped off your list altogether!

Following is a string of my emails with Expedia, the last being on 23 June. I have contacted them since 14 June and no resolution or response 9 days later still.

------------------------

(23 June)

Please give me a feedback regarding confirmation of my refund. I have spoken to 3 Customer Service Agents, last one being Morgan (I believe that was her name), on Tuesday, whom promised me that Ms Harries will be contacted on Wednesday 9amHamburg time to verify that the tour was cancelled. The Agent also promised that this will be escalated to the Management to ensure resolution in addition to providing me with updates over email. I have heard from no one since that last conversation. Overall, just in trying to resolve this, I have spent nearly 2 hours on international calls including waiting time and it's totally unacceptable that this is what Expedia calls customer service!! Please give me a response ASAP!

Thanks/Jade

On 18 Jun 2013, at 11:37, Jade Woon wrote:

I have spoken to an Expedia agent on Sunday and she has put through a trace for the support team to call the German vendor (Ms Harries - the owner) on Monday, 9am Hamburg time - to ascertain the cancellation to confirm process of my refund. I was told that I could expect to receive an email from Expedia after this is resolved, hence I would appreciate hearing back from you on the confirmation of my refund ASAP.

Look forward to your acknowledgment and confirmation.

Thanks,

Jade

On 16 Jun 2013, at 03:46, travel@customercare.expedia.com wrote:

Dear Jade,

Thank you for contacting Expedia about your reservation.

Please do accept our apologies to what had happened to your reservation. We regret any inconvenience that may have occurred during your trip. Being an online travel service provider, we would like to assure you that every reservation is important to us.

We assure you that the entire team is dedicated in providing the most efficient, user friendly, and accurate travel application. Please know that we took note of your comments and have considered them in our continuous effort to provide better service to our clients.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. In cases like this, we would need to have you on the line while we research further on the case. As much as we would like to assist you with your concern, there are processes that we are restricted to do via e-mail correspondence. Please contact us at the number below and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

If this does not answer your question or solve your problem, feel free to reply to this message or call us at 1-800-EXPEDIA (1-800-397-3342) and reference case ID: M-4570238.

Thank you for choosing Expedia.

Efraim

Expedia Customer Service Team

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Jun 14, 2013 8:57PM

To: Travel <travel@customercare.expedia.com>

Additional Recipients:

Subject: Re: Refunds questions or comments - Case ID : [REQ:M-4570238]

Dear Irene,

Although I appreciate your prompt response, I do not appreciate your lack of consideration and illogical explanation - as the tour was CANCELLED BY THE OPERATOR. We were provided with the contact of the operator in Hamburg - a certain Ms Harries 040300337916 - and was told to get in touch with her on Monday as office is closed now.

We leave Hamburg on Sunday and we were not provided with any solution apart from the representative who came to deliver the news at pick-up point informing us that 1) we can follow them on an alternative walking tour which we were not interested in due to the rainy and cold weather, 2) join their comedy tour but it's only German speaking!! or 3) call the Ms Harries on Monday.

I am asking that you escalate my complain against the operator running this tour in addition to providing a refund for the 3 adults tickets for the cancelled tour. I would not hesitate to escalate this to Consumer Affairs and social media platform in sharing my very bad Customer Service (if any!) with Expedia and your choice of tour operators/suppliers.

Jade Woon

On 15 Jun 2013, at 05:31, travel@customercare.expedia.com wrote:

Dear Expedia Customer,

Thank you for contacting us about obtaining a refund on your reservation at Beatles Bus - Magical History Tour with Live Music.

The terms and conditions of your reservation state, "This Activity cannot be changed or cancelled. No refunds, credits, exchanges, or cancellations of this Activity are allowed. Refunds will not be issued for unused or partially used attractions or services." For this reason, we are unable to process a refund on your reservation. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

For additional questions or further assistance, please call the Expedia Customer Service Team at 1-800-EXPEDIA (1-800-397-3342) and reference case ID: M-4570238.

Thank you for choosing Expedia.

Irene

Expedia Customer Service Team

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Jun 14, 2013

To: Travel <travel@customercare.expedia.com>

Additional Recipients:

Subject: Refunds questions

* Comment:

The tour was cancelled tonight, a representative merely explained that the bus had broken down and asked us to call the Beatlemania office on Monday to seek a refund. As we've booked the tour through Expedia, I'm highlighting this to your attention and seek a refund from you instead. We purchased for 3 adults, details as below.

Look forward to your urgent advise on refund confirmation please.

Thanks,

Jade Woon

Beatles Bus - Magical History Tour with Live Music

Quantity (Itinerary no.) : 2 Adults (156099427218) + 1 Adult (156260543106)

Friday, June 14, 2013

Review about: Expedia Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Expedia?

Comments