Herzliyya, Tel Aviv

"My last experience with Expedia"

I reserved a flight and hotel at Expedia.

I received an email about the flight:

"Thank you for booking with Expedia! Your booking is confirmed"!!

Unfortunately this statement is false and even borders with fraud.

Based on this email I reserved the hotel which was a none refundable rate.

Following I received an email and subsequent phone calls telling me that the flight is NOT confirmed and as I have no ticket # I have no right to assume it's confirmed....

When I stated that not only I received an email confirmation from Expedia and my CC was charged, Why does the same flight still appears at the Expedia site??

The answer was: This is not Expedia's responsibility... The Airlines do that and it's their responsibility.

Expedia suggested an alternative flight at more than double the cost (+$2200 !!)

OK, I said, if you cancel my flight, please cancel my hotel as well. The reply was: This is not possible, you have to contact another department which handles hotel reservations.

Is this serious?

Expedia misleads with false information about flight being confirmed. I would expect a clear note to say: DO not make any other arrangements based on this booking until you receive the ticket itself, Expedia is not responsible for the flights advertised"... or similar legal notice.

Review about: Expedia Flight Booking.

Had an Experience with Expedia?

Comments