1.6
Additional Fees
Number of Destinations

I paid for two flights and travel protection with Expedia. I called customer service to cancel this transaction and was offered a full refund by the customer service staff. They informed me it would take 8-12 weeks for the refund to be processed (by end October, 2014).

During this time, the debit card I used to pay was stolen so I had the bank cancel the card. I rang Expedia and informed that that I had new details that they would need in order to complete the refund. I spoke to two different customer service staff and a "supervisor". Two insisted I would have to get my bank to write a letter confirming the details of my stolen card and my new details in order to get my money back.

Long story short: I emailed a PDF version of the letter from my bank to Expedia (travel@support.expedia.com.au) today and spoke to a staff member who didn't seem incompetent. She actually took my new debit card details (although none of the previous customer service agents bothered to do this) and apparently updated my details in their system. She gave me a call back after a few hours and gave me an update on what was going on. It seems their "Refunds Team" is never available, non existent or not permitted to engage in human interaction with customers, which I'm sure would make for a much smoother process rather than having a middle man who has no interest in helping/no authority to access customer details. She then told me to call back at a specific time and that my refund issue would be processed soon. However, she didn't receive my email from the bank, which highlights how disorganised Expedia systems and processes are (nothing against her at all).

So now I have been on the phone to another customer service person for almost an hour, where I have mostly been on hold. The mysterious Refunds Team seems to have magically disappeared again and are unable to provide answers to the customer service person regarding my refund. This is an absolute outrage and I will be reporting Expedia to the ACCC. If it was only $20 or $200, fine. But the company owes me over $2,500. Fingers crossed, hey.

What a joke of a company. NEVER USE EXPEDIA. EVER.

Review about: Expedia Travel Insurance.

Had an Experience with Expedia?

Comments