Have been a long time customer with Expedia for many years now and have used there service with no issues up until my latest trip. A group of friends and I were planning a pretty big trip to Mexico. Since we had such a large group (10+ People) we decided to call Expedia directly on the phone to book our flight/resort since we were leaving the country and wanted to make sure everything is okay.

When you book the Resort for two people, you get it at a discounted rate so it's less per dollar for each person. Everyone in our group was flying out from the same state, but with my case I was flying out from CO, my friend from NV. While on the phone with the Expedia Representative, I explained to her my situation and she said everything will be the same, just different cost since airfare for my buddy is different. Gave her my CC# and payment information and all seemed well.

Two days later I received my itinerary in an email and noticed that I was on it alone, and my friend from out of state was on a separate itinerary but had no resort information on his at all. This concerned me so I called Expedia once again to double check that everything was okay. Once again the lady told me that my Resort was booked for two people and that when I get to Mexico there will be no issues. I trusted her and thought nothing of it.

Fast Forward to my day of the trip, my roomie lands in Mexico the same time as all of us and we take a shuttle to our resort. All my other friends check in just fine, and when it's my turn the people at the front desk say that my room is only booked for one person, and that they will not give my friend a bracelet. I argue with them for about 15 minutes to no avail because they barely speak English at the resort. I decide to call Expedia AGAIN and get a customer service lady who also barely speaks English. Keep in mind that I am already in Mexico and this is a international call on a cell phone because the resort refused to allow me to use their phones.

Expedia constantly puts me on hold for over 1.5 hours until I'm able to speak with a manager, and I explained to them the situation for the 5th time and all Expedia says to me is there is nothing they can do about it. I am forced to pay an extra $400 for my friend to stay in my room for the vacation and was never reimbursed by Expedia. I told them they are required to record ALL conversations that I had with them and for them to pull up the records to prove to them that I was told everything was okay. They refused to do this and I was stuck with a giant phone bill, -$400 to spend on my trip, and an overall HORRIBLE customer service experience. If the resort were to charge me $1,000 to have my friend stay, I would of had no option to pay it as well. We're already stuck out in Mexico with no place to stay unless we pay AGAIN.

I had the resort print me out a receipt so when I got back to the States I could try to file a complaint and get reimbursed, but after dealing with Expedia customer service for another 3 hours I gave up hope. Expedia lost mine and all my friends business that day and I will NEVER use them again.

DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKES. BEWARE OF EXPEDIA IF FLYING INTERNATIONAL. DO NOT TRUST WHAT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS TELL YOU UNTIL YOU GET AN ITINERARY THAT HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED ON IT.

Had an Experience with Expedia?

Comments

Very Important: A CBS affiliated TV channel is working on a story about the large number of complaints against expedia.

Victims scammed by EXPEDIA can tell their story.

Please contact : Elsie Nolan | Special Projects Producer | WBZ-TV & TV38 | 617-787-7352

wbztv.com | tv38.com . e-mail: etnolan@wbztv.com