Verified Buyer

I'm an active senior citizen who loves to travel. It is hard for me to text and my vision is not so great, so I do better when I can speak with a customer service agent directly.

I was trying to book a hotel stay in Augusta, ME. I went on your website but did not realize that it sent me to Augusta, GA until I requested directions after I had paid for the room. I was 1700 or so miles from the hotel that I had booked for the night of Sept 30th,which was the same night that I booked the reservation. Furthermore, I texted your agent and asked if I could switch the reservation to the correct state.

He said that the reservation was on-refundable and would not give me the option to change the booking state even though I texted him immediately upon learning of the error! I did not ask for a refund, I only asked his help to change that reservation to the correct state. In my view, this is borderline elderly abuse.

We, as a whole, do not like to be confrontational, so your non-national agent took advantage of the situation and refused to discuss it further. You are supposed to provide a service to make travel easier, not use your website to rip off your constituents!

User's recommendation: Be careful, that you are precise when booking your room. This site does not allow for error, and I’d not concerned with helping you correct them.

Comments