I booked a 3 night trip to New Orleans via Expedia. I had tentative dates but the representative stated I should just pick a date and if anything changed, I could call back and make a change without a problem.

They insisted I had to pay immediately w/ a credit card and I complied. A couple of days later, I learned that the dates I had requested wouldn't work for me so I called the hotel but they stated that since I had booked thru Expedia, all changes would have to go through Expedia. I called Expedia on 2 separate dates and to request a change of reservation. I was told that they had to contact the manager of the hotel to get approval for the change (the hotel advertises no cancelation fees).

Expedia put me on hold but said the manager of the hotel was unavailable but they would try and get ahold of the manager the following day for approval and then contact me back with an answer. That didn't happen. When I called a 3rd time, I was told that they had received an email "quite some time ago" declining my request. They said that that my reservation could not be moved and my money would not be refunded.

Almost $1300.00 gone for a trip I can't take.

These people are criminals! DO NOT EVER USE EXPEDIA FOR A TRIP!!!

Review about: Expedia Vacation Package Booking.

Comments

FlamboyantKangaroo

I agree. They ripped me off for $1000. I also will never use them again.