A hurricane has hit the surrounding areas with mass flooding in New Jersey, making it impossible to get to Newark airport. I was on the phone with Expedia for four hours attempting to reschedule my trip to a later date.

During the first phone call I was able to get the hotel and flights at a later date. The customer service representative put me on hold for thirty minutes so I can discuss with my friends the new itinerary for the trip. She never picked up so I had to call again. Everything was set for this new date.

When I call the second time the service rep re-scheduled my flights, then proceeded to tell me that the hotel is not available at this time and now I will receive a penalty for canceling my reservation since I cant book at a later date. Why re-schedule flights when you are unsure if the hotel will work during that time? Why does one representative tell me one thing different from another. Supervisor Lene was no help.

I am extremely angry with this company and will proceed with bad reviews on my personal experience. It is very frustrating when you lose a significant amount of money.I will never be booking with Expedia again.

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY!!!!!

Expedia Cons: Complicated system and inconsistent policy, Customer service does not phone back when line is disconnected, No one cared to find out what really happened, Difficult.

Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania