Verified Reviewer

Resolved
2.3
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jan 20, 2021

I had to file a claim with the travel insurance and received a refund from them. Expedia has NEVER acknowledged my complaint!.

Original review posted by user Dec 21, 2020

I booked an airline ticket through Expedia in Oct 2019 for a trip for May of 2020. Due to the pandemic, all travel was canceled.

I was NEVER told in writing any of the deadlines for a refund or rebooking travel. Not that I could go anywhere, no one was flying!!

On Dec. 16, 2020 I asked to be given a refund of my airline tickets, $787.96 x 2). I was told I was too late, that I should have asked for a refund within a month of the travel in May.

How was I supposed to know that?? Aer Lingus (airline) said they would give Expedia a waiver number to reimburse me. Nope, I was too late! Again, how was I supposed to know that??

The credit for the air is still on my Expedia account, but I can no longer use it! How was I supposed to know that?? In all my correspondence with Expedia, not ONE item about deadlines was communicated to me! I have been doing business with Expedia for at least 10 years.

They will no longer get my business as they will not make good on my airfare. I mean, it's a pandemic and there are no flights!

User's recommendation: Ask for deadlines!

Product or Service Mentioned: Expedia Flight Booking.

Expedia Pros: In past no problems.

Expedia Cons: Travel restrictions on rebooking a cancelled flight, Unethical.

Comments