Featured
Cristina C Aky

Verified Reviewer

They did. It offer credit flight for medical emergencies

Expedia - They did. It offer credit flight for medical emergencies
Explore video interviews
Advertisements

I had a car accident on April 7. I bought two plane tickets on March 20.

Since the accident I have been asking Expedia and Lufthansa to reimburse me or to offer t credit travel.

I presented all kind of proofs Colton the doctor and pictures and a letter that I am not allowed to fly. They did not help.

Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Lack of compassion

Guest

Thank you for sharing. I'm having problems as well.

Maltese Vin C

I'm know what you mean, as I been trying to contact Expedia for the last 2 months, for the fake visa company they recommended me eVisa iVisa.com I'm abandoned in Philippines since 12th October and Expedia and China Southern Airlines are nowhere

Guest

Lufthansa can't because, much like hotels, being pre-paid via an Expedia option much to many many peoples mistake....the third party is now the banker of your money and the airline does not have the money from you to refund. And, per previos conversation, read your TINY print terms of agreement, which stand "legally" to what you bough into. They either legally have the right to no refund or EITHER no travel insurance, no play.

Guest

Unless you purchased travel insurance, they will not refund/credit you.

View more comments (3)
map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

Customer Service Agent Booked Confirmation No. 720553****8926 Microtel Inn & Suites In Burlington NC not Burlington VT. He made an error, And no confirmation received for Confirmation720553****8926.

Booked in NY. Then Microtel in Burlington NC. Wanted Burlington VT. 4 agents. The last one did correct.
Madelon T

Shockingly Poor Experience at SLS Hotel - A Costly Nightmare

Expedia - Shockingly Poor Experience at SLS Hotel - A Costly Nightmare
Expedia - Shockingly Poor Experience at SLS Hotel - A Costly Nightmare - Image 2
Expedia - Shockingly Poor Experience at SLS Hotel - A Costly Nightmare - Image 3
Expedia - Shockingly Poor Experience at SLS Hotel - A Costly Nightmare - Image 4
Expedia - Shockingly Poor Experience at SLS Hotel - A Costly Nightmare - Image 5

Nov 30 dic 4, 2023

I recently had the displeasure of staying at the SLS Hotel in Los Angeles, and the experience was nothing short of a costly nightmare. From the moment of arrival, the service was consistently abysmal, and the staff exhibited a shocking lack of hospitality.

The entire staff, from the valet to the waitstaff and bellmen, seemed perpetually in a bad mood and provided no semblance of good service.

The check-in process was needlessly complicated, and the staff displayed a dismissive and rude attitude towards guests.

The hotel itself was a disappointment. The aged ambiance was accompanied by a pervasive unpleasant odor, dim lighting, and an overall lack of upkeep. However, what truly set this hotel apart was its utterly atrocious service and treatment of guests.

The staff's attitude was completely unyielding. We couldn't charge restaurant bills to our room, the bellman refused to assist with luggage, and the valet was visibly irritated when returning our carthis, despite the exorbitant $70 per night fee.

The front desk personnel were consistently rude, adding to the overall unpleasant experience.

One night, we returned to room 265 to find it completely flooded (attached are photos and videos). We immediately reported the issue to the front desk, only to be told they needed to investigate whether it was our fault. This was preposterous, as housekeeping had serviced the room during the day and should have noticed any issues. Regrettably, we received no follow-up on their promised investigation.

Upon requesting a solution, we were offered a room with a single bed, which was not a feasible option as we had booked a room with two beds.

The entire ordeal stretched until 4 am. The next day, at 9 am, we were told we could change rooms. However, when we were ready for the switch, we were informed it wasn't possible, and we had to endure the soaked room until further notice.

It took a staggering 28 hours, in the early hours of the next day, before we were finally moved to a new room. Throughout this ordeal, the hotel offered no support, no apology, and, most shockingly, no reimbursement for the inconveniences and damages caused.

Adding insult to injury, the cost of this nightmarish experience was exorbitant, with a mind-boggling $493 per night for a room.

I find it appalling that such a steep price would be attached to a stay marred by such severe issues. As a result, I am seeking a full refund for the four nights of my stay.

When we inquired about compensation, the hotel callously shrugged off any responsibility, claiming we booked through Expedia and should take the matter up with them. This lack of accountability is unacceptable, especially considering the high cost of our stay.

The SLS Hotel claims to be a 5-star luxury establishment, but it utterly fails to live up to such standards.

This experience was not only the worst we've encountered in any hotel but particularly disheartening given the hotel's reputation and price point.

We departed thoroughly disappointed, having received no compensation or resolution for the numerous issues we faced. This stay was a far cry from the luxury experience promised, and I strongly advise against choosing the SLS Hotel for your accommodations in Los Angeles.

I REQUEST A FULL REFUND FOR THIS NIGHTMARE

$1972
Pros:
  • It is supposed to support the costumer
Cons:
  • Didnt help me they said they hand were tied up

Guest

Who picked that place ? Then who picked a third party flunkie to finalize the reservations ? That's who is responsible for your issues.

Guest

Why did you stick around so long ? That negated your chance of a full refund.

View more comments (1)
Claudiu F Eao

Verified Reviewer

Fraud, theft and left with no accommodation after charging me twice

Hello there!

As I said earlier I feel that I am a victim of fraud and theft from your partners from London, Lux City apartment from Lewisham chapter. I made reservation via Edreams with them, nr 152******** In the name of Moldoveanu Mirela.

I received a mail from Edreams that my flight and accompanying are confirmed and they kindly ask me to contact the facility for the information required to check in with them. Edreams facilitated me with a phone number to do so.

After contacting the facility they told me that they cancelled my reservation, due to not paying some advance or something, and if I want to stay there I must pay again. Being in a terrible situation of not having somewhere to stay with my family, wife and son, I decided to pay again.

I contacted the host again and started the process of payment from the account of Fotache Claudiu which felt a bit weird because the first attempt was something from crypto.com and Remitly GB London, but it was a facility verified by Edreams, with which we travelled before with no issue. Little did I know that I was to be charged twice for the amount of approximately 240£ each time for a grand total of 480£.

The short story is that I paid 3 (three) times and didn't stay there not even 1 night, I had to go find something else at 23.00 in London with my family after me, and now they do not acknowledge the money they have to return to me.

I had to pay extra for the booking being made with no time in advance.

I will be going to the police to press charges and to the consumer protection if not refunded my money that I paid directly to the facility, the amount of 480£.

Although I think I am entitled for some compensation do to the terrible experience I want my money back as soon as possible.

Loss:
Cons:
  • No support to solve problems with my hotel

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: A firm DON’T.

Charles L Kgk

Recent booking

Expedia - Recent booking
Expedia - Recent booking - Image 2
Expedia - Recent booking - Image 3
Expedia - Recent booking - Image 4
Expedia - Recent booking - Image 5
Expedia - Recent booking - Image 6

I recently booked through Expedia to Americas best value inn red bluff California. Upon check in, I went into the room and immediately seen a broken crack pipe, blood on the floor, a kicked in bathroom door, *** punched in a wall, dirty underwear, a used feminine hygiene pad, and other trash in a drawer.

The TV volume didnt work at all, no chair for the desk. Just an over all disaster area. I was then given a different room, not much better but at least no drug paraphernalia and no dirty underwear, but the condition over all was still completely unsettling. The swimming pool is completely unusable as it is green as grass.

There is no amenities as were listed on your site. The ice machine doesnt even work!! Since there is a professional rodeo in town, chances of a different hotel are none existent. I am extremely unsatisfied.

Do not feel safe at all.

The advertised property was not even remotely correct!! I feel Im entitled to some form of compensation

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do NOT book this property. Americas best value inn red bluff California

ashley k 303

Canceled flight

Expedia - Canceled flight
Expedia - Canceled flight - Image 2
Expedia - Canceled flight - Image 3
Expedia - Canceled flight - Image 4
Expedia - Canceled flight - Image 5
Original review Mar 15, 2024

I booked a flight and room for a weekend getaway thru expedia. My flight was canceled after the departure time, frontier had no flight options for the same day!

The trip was only 2 days to begin with so I called expedia to see if I could get a refund since I would miss half my trip if I could get a flight the next day. Frontier refunded the cost of the canceled flight with no help to get new travel plans. Expedia DID NOT refund the room reservations and a week later I still have the $400 charge on my card and expedia says I dont qualify for a refund!!! I'll be disputing the charge with my credit card company!

What a waste of time, horrible experience, no customer service from frontier or expedia! I will NEVER use either company again! I also lost money for show tickets, event tickets, and pet boarding because of this last minute cancelation!

Frontier has no customer service phone number and the customer service desk at the airport was ridiculous! They were rude, useless, gave no solution or answers!

| map-marker Miami, Florida

RefundMoney

Expedia - RefundMoney
Expedia - RefundMoney - Image 2
Expedia - RefundMoney - Image 3
Expedia - RefundMoney - Image 4
They still have not refunded my money. Sent many emails claiming the will refund but do not do so. Very difficult people to deal with, because they are actually liars.

User's recommendation: Never

Tony C Hvq

Problems with a trip

Expedia - Problems with a trip
Expedia - Problems with a trip - Image 2
I booked a package vacation deal to the Virgin Islands. My hotel was on a different island, other to where the flight was scheduled to land. Customer service said they would fix the problem within 3 days. I never heard back from them. I was forced to change my flight on my own to the proper Island, which costed me $200.00. Had I not caught this in time, I would have been stranded an ocean away from my hotel for 5 days. I will never use Expedia again, and I strongly recommend anyone not to do business with them.
Loss:
Cons:
  • No reimbursement for there errors
  • Clients are forced to fix there mistakes
  • Wrong flights to vacation destinations

Preferred solution: This matter has costed me an out of pocket expense of about $200, time, and mental stress. I think Expedia should do every thing in there power to make me whole.

User's recommendation: Would not recommend

Marie A Bzz

Unable to speak to a human

Expedia - Unable to speak to a human
Expedia - Unable to speak to a human - Image 2
Expedia - Unable to speak to a human - Image 3

The hotel we rented (Extended Stay Philadelphia airport)was so dirty and disgusting. There was a cockroach in the drawer, the floor was sticky, the carpet hadn't been vacuumed, the dresser was chipped, the blankets and sheets stai ed...

the Creamer for the so-called breakfast curdled in my coffee so I didn't drink it.

Unfortunately, we were in Philly with Supercross Races and the NBA, so all the hotels were full and we were 5 1/2 hrs from home, so we had to stay there. We put our hoodies on, kept the rest of our clothes on and slept on top of the blankets.

Noone was ever at the desk to speak to and shady people were all around the place.

Because I couldn't speak to anyone there or onli e(I tried calling many times) I had to go through my bank to cancel payment. I'm not about to pay $195 for that disgusting hotel.

I asked for a 3 or 4 star hotel and it brought this trash heap up.

Just the worst hotel I have ever stayed in my life for $200!?

Do not use use Expedia.com!!!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor customer service for refunds

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't use Expedia and for God's sake don't go to Extended Stay Philly Airport

Guest

This hotel as horrible online reviews. Next time, check reviews before booking.

Arthur S Pdy

| map-marker Doylestown, Pennsylvania

I was informed to Contact Customer Service to rwcieve 20% on my previous Stay at Quality Inn

Expedia - I was informed to Contact Customer Service to rwcieve 20% on my previous Stay at...
Expedia - I was informed to Contact Customer Service to rwcieve 20% on my previous Stay... - Image 2
Expedia - I was informed to Contact Customer Service to rwcieve 20% on my previous Stay... - Image 3
Expedia - I was informed to Contact Customer Service to rwcieve 20% on my previous Stay... - Image 4
I had a morning visitor on the night stand bedside. A Roach. I know life happens And I still will be a loyal Customer. Thank you!

User's recommendation: I do not cause Conflict

Mike S Vxu

Verified Reviewer

Lies and poor customer service

I booked a room at the Comfort Suites in Oakbrook Terrace IL. for 2 nights to visit family on Christmas, I came down with Covid and was unable to make the trip.I chated with 6 of you agents all telling me they were trying to contact the hotel to get me a hardship refund and they finally said they were unable to contact the manager and I would have to pay anyway.

So I called the hotel and spoke to one of the managers and he said it is Expedia that issues a

refund in a hardship case because you actually purchased the rooms from them.

Not sure why I've been lied to from Expedia but I am very sick and don't understand the lies.

I would like to speak with a supervisor before I contact your corporate office and blow this up on social media !

I don't believe that you treat your customers this way and lie about it during covid and Christmas

Thanks ! Mike

Loss:
Pros:
  • Save a few dollars
Cons:
  • No concern about you once you paid no refund reduction apology

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay away from Expedia. If you need help after you book you will be ignored.

Guest

The thing the manager didn't tell you is that he can request Expedia to issue a refund. It's on Expedia whether they do or not, but the hotel manager can ask.

Guest

I had the same problem, booked a hotel in Japan for 4 nights total of 1572.21. They already charge and i have to cancel right away , made a mistake on the dates.

and they had a button that says manage or change booking (something like that) clicked it and it took me to the bot chat and only option is to cancel a ' NON REFUNDABLE" reservation. Assuming that the non refundable means ( just like any other companies) is you can still use your payment to change, but NO, that means you cancel, money is gone, cannot be used.

They own the money now. How sick is this US company, scamming and thieves to the people who worked so hard to have a vacation.

Maria aka Mary H

Expedia down the toilet. Horrible customer service

reply icon Replying to comment of Maria aka Mary H

Make sure when they quote you a price it includes the fees and taxes, and anything else included in the overall cost. Not sure about the lies, but in only giving the base price it is being deceptive.

Taschmonita

Happened to me with a rental car my issue was resolved but between a lot of stressful…

Guest

OK so I work for a very very large hotel chain and in my position I understand the troubles with third party pre booking and paying. They tend to try to put occurances like these on the hotel, which in return starts an issue with us.

Apparently you have done that math and do see that it is an Expedia problem. I always explain to an Expedia employee "My nametag states ******** hotel not Expedia". After 10 years of hotel experience they can tell i'm not falling for the game they play. It is hard to explain to a guest in such circumstances "maam / sir, you paid directly through Expedia so they are like the banker with your money, not the hotel as we only sent them a voucher to get paid from them" NOW, as much as most and many larger hotel chains such as where I work would love to give such a hardship refund in such a case, we CANT because, again, the banker has your money not the hotel.

It's easier for a hotel to do such a thing with hopes that in the future it will be remembered as great guest care and service and you would return directly through us. Remember, hotels take a loss on third party bookings, as they are contracted out rates and much lower and we mostly take a loss with each one. Now here is my one piece of advice a little heads up for you...the entire "I would like to speak with a supervisor before I contact your corporate office and blow this up on social media!" does NOT work anymore at all. If that happens in my company you WILL get to a larger "corporate" number, make your compaint, and they will open an "escalated case" with fancy words and then it comes right back to the management that made the original decision just to be made again.

See the roundabout here????? Online reviews dont affect companies as much as one thinks.....what do they saw in Holloywood? "Even bad press is good press" - - INDEED!!!

SO, thats there is just a heads up on that, but with everything else I agree with you 120%!!! What I would do is begin a charge dispute with your bank, gather all doctor references that you have and begin the fight that way.

Guest

Book a room at red roof in and West Palm Beach Florida May 31st. Let's just say this was the worst experiment of my Life I have been Email in them and I'm not getting any respond back. I want to be compensated back my money This was false advertisement.

Guest

I booked a room in Clearwater Florida last night. As I submitted the booking to get my confirmation my screen went blank.

I thought I would get a confirmation email it is now the next day I still don't have the confirmation email the hotel does not have a confirmation however my bank account has been charged.

Since I do not have the confirmation number I have now called all three numbers given to me by the hotel for expedia's customer service and I cannot get past their automated system because I don't have a confirmation number the automated system says thank you call us back when you have your confirmation number and hangs up! This is the poorest idea of customer service I have ever seen!

Guest

Filthy elephant sand bigger worshiping bums. Even the ugly female lied.

Guest

I had a similar experience with Expedia. I called the hotel directly, and was told, “no problem mam, of course we will cancel your reservation and issue a request for a customer refund from Expedia”.

Expedia outright lied to me.

Very disconcerting, as I had always trusted them with my travel bookings in the past. Now, I book direct with the hotel.

View more comments (21)
Melissa Z Faa

Verified Reviewer

Cancel my hotel and haven't received a refund

Expedia - Cancel my hotel and haven't received a refund
Expedia - Cancel my hotel and haven't received a refund - Image 2
Expedia - Cancel my hotel and haven't received a refund - Image 3
Expedia - Cancel my hotel and haven't received a refund - Image 4
Expedia - Cancel my hotel and haven't received a refund - Image 5
Expedia - Cancel my hotel and haven't received a refund - Image 6
My hotel has been canceled and I havent received my refund and wanting to know why I been waiting I been emailing you guys and Afterpay where I went through and they are waiting on the third party which is you guys please let me whats going on email me back or call me @ 909275**** thank you I appreciate it

Tony C Hvq

Expedia Messed up my flight and I had to pay to out of pocket to correct it

Expedia Messed up my flight and I had to pay to out of pocket to correct it
Expedia Messed up my flight and I had to pay to out of pocket to correct it - Image 2

I purchased a package vacation deal (Flight and Hotel) from Expedia to Victoria House located in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands.

Expedia booked me a flight that ended in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. This is an ocean away from my Hotel. No ferry, shuttle, or flight was offered to St.

Croix. Expedia told me to change the fIight my self. I was forced to change my flight plans myself to the proper destination with no assistance from Expedia. This costed me an out of pocket "change of flight", fee of $186.00 in which spirit did not reimburse.

Had I not caught this mistake in time I would have been stranded on an island for 5 days an ocean away from my vacation.

Since I changed my flight my self Expedia has updated my itinerary but have not offered any monetary reimbursement. Trying to resolve this with Expedia has costed me time, money, and stress, and I should be compensated for there error.

Loss:
Cons:
  • May mess up your bookings

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Do not do business with this company

Guest

Yes, they are 100% at fault and you definitely should be reimbursed. However, describing twice, the 73 km(45miles) between the two as “an ocean away” is extreme and not even accurate.

JR R Mpl

Verified Reviewer

Expedia - Late Checkin Policy and Inadaquate guest communication , unfriendly refund policy

I had booked a room with Inn at Highway 1 in Lompoc CA over Expedia in March 2024 on the same evening as my stay. Called several times to inform them of my late arrival and nobody at the hotel answered.

They did not have anything on their answering machine let alone informing customers who late check in that office closes at 10 or 10:30pm. Called Expedia and they said the late check in was ok. When I arrived the door was locked with a sign saying they opened the next morning. I saw no indication that a key was left and there was no communication or call from the hotel to better inform the situation.

Ended up at a different hotel. Spoke to the manager the next day and asked about the room being refuned since I did not occupy it. He was unsympathetic, unprofessional and unwilling to waive the charge. Suggested I had not called which I had record of calling, suggested they communicate to customers checking in late if they choose to not occupy the front and or have a formal sign stating where a late checkin key would be left.

He claims there was directions but I did not see any and if so they may have been hand written. Their vm says nothing and they don't go out of their way to contact guests apparently. Felt like my attempts to contact were above and beyond normal and their communication lacked. The attitude isn't one I am accustomed to having stayed at 500 plus rooms in the past 14yrs or more.

I don't recommend staying here. It's rating appears good but clearly they fall short of Professional!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Read review

User's recommendation: Avoid the hotel

Travel Expert Talks

How to Travel Safely During the Pandemic

Apr 2, 2021

Top travel tips during the Covid-19 shared by a travel journalist: 1. Research the destination; 2. Check safety measures; 3. Check the airline’s policies; 4. Download the airline’s app; 5. Double check your reservation; 6. Build flexibility into your travel plan. In this interview with a travel expert you can learn how to travel safely, how to book online, how to refund a canceled trip.

Read full article
Latifah Al-Hazza
Latifah Al-Hazza

Latifah Al-Hazza is a travel expert who visited over 50 countries. She is also a co-founder of Women's Travel Company and an Emmy Award-Winning travel journalist.

| map-marker Norfolk, Virginia

Was charged twice for trip that I booked using Expedia

What trip using Expedia and was called by a representative to pay for hotel and also the flight. Thought that I was paying through a loan through Affrim, they are billed me. Was actually charged to my credit cards. Have you had to receive a credit after making several phone calls receiving confirmation letters that I paid for directly Im still being charged with no help!!! Super frustrating.

User's recommendation: Do not pay rep over the phone if you apply for loan!

| map-marker Hayward, California

Expedia sent me to the wrong hotel

Expedia sent me to the wrong hotel
Expedia sent me to the wrong hotel - Image 2
I received a confirmation for the wrong hotel when I called Expedia to try to find out what happened I was told that my confirmation number was to another hotel. I had to send the email of my confirmation to Expedia. Then I was told well you have the right one now. Very unhappy with Expedia I will never book with you again.

User's recommendation: It’s it

douglas m Jvc

#728055****0235

Expedia - #728055****0235
Expedia - #728055****0235 - Image 2
No freaking details on this flight number! Need answer asap!!!@!@@, what's the deal, not getting any response yet ,ty doug micklin,, b v b vnbvvn b vvv

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Nope

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article