Rochelle, Illinois
1.8
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

So much for deals & savings.I booked a reservation through Expedia while in the Angola, IN area for the birth of my Grandson.

Expedia charged me $414.62, hotel receipt at checkout showed a total charge of $344.15. When I contacted customer support to discuss getting a refund for the difference, their reply was that I had been given the correct, lowest price and that no refund would be given.

Save your money & book directly with the hotels.Do not use Expedia or this may happen to you.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Expedia?

Comments

Expedia negotiates huge discounts of 20-40% from hotels.They pass some of these savings onto the consumer and they keep the rest as their commission.

This is how they create revenue to pay their bills and stay in existence. What apparently happened here is that the hotel screwed up and accidentally disclosed the Expedia NET rate to you which shows you how much Expedia profited.

I'm in the travel business and this has happened to us on a few occasions.i agree it's annoying but blame is probably with the hotel rather than Expedia.