I booked a hotel room for 2 nights stay, over $580. I also added cancelation insurance policy because had a feeling would need to cancel.

So to be extra safe.

Going though it with Expedia right now. Booked hotel rooms added cancelation insurance policy. I canceled before 24 hours of booking the rooms.

I contacted them and hold time 3 hours for rep. Got a rep finally and was hung up on.

Called again, opted to have someone call me back. Got a call at 2:49am and was hung up on. I kept calling and then the virtual chats began. Told something different and to open a claim.

The hotel directly I spoke with and said "that's outrageous our policy is must cancel within 72 hours of intended stay". The hotel rep also informed me they didn't even send the money to them. The money still is shown as charged on my card. For a full 24 hours I proceeded to call and call.

Hung up on total of 9 times. 1 rep named Mike was genuinely trying to help me. He said to get the first and last name of hotel manager and then they will refund me but had to call Expedia back. When I called again, hold for hours- rep said no that the notes Mike wrote were to file an insurance claim.

This has been a first time dealing with Expedia and has been literal *** My days off to relax were spent calling non stop and virtual chats. Never again will I book with 3rd party agencies. I will go directly to hotel or airlines. $540.80 plus insurance cancel fees.

I called my card told them do NOT allow that charge to process I am disputing and explained scenario. It's noted but not sure what will happen.

Last email was will take 10 days to review if they will refund me. Absolute nightmare with Expediafot

User's recommendation: DO NOT EVER GO THROUGH EXPEDIA. EVER!

Location: Hackettstown, New Jersey