Verified Reviewer

So, my wife and I book our rental car through Expedia on our last trip to Brazil. We arrived to the rental car agency approximately 1 hour after our scheduled arrival.

We were subsequently refused the vehicle by the rental agency and told our reservation was cancelled. We were told that we could reschedule through Expedia. So, we called Expedia while standing in the agency lobby. We were told they couldn't reschedule or cancel the reservation.

We asked for a refund because we were not receiving the service we paid for. A few days later we received an email that they couldn't reach the agency, which we never had any problem doing, and therefore were refusing to issue a refund. I spoke with a representative at Expedia that agreed that we had not violated their policy, but was still refusing to issue a refund.

So even though we did everything the way we were suppose to, Expedia still refused to stand by their own policy and issue a refund. Safe to say I will neither use Expedia again, not will I ever recommend it to anyone other than the people I hate.

User's recommendation: Book through someone else.

Expedia Cons: Poor customer service, Vague policy, Refusal to follow their own policy.

Comments