Original review updated by user Sep 20, 2021

We had a trip booked for New Orleans, but because of Hurricane Ida, our hotel and flights were cancelled. Because of this, we needed to cancel our rental car and its been an ABSOLUTE nightmare trying to get my $250 back!!!

At first, the car company denied the waiver request because of the no refund policy.

But after some discussion with BOTH Expedia and the car company, the car company agreed to the refund (after all, this was completely out of anyones control). I have a slew of emails from Expedia stating the car company has agreed to the refund but Expedia needs more information to process the refund. Ive called Expedia every time I received this message. Ive spent over 5hrs in total on the phone, only to be told everything is taken care of and I should receive my money back in 7-10 business days.

A couple days later, I get the same email

Im beyond frustrated at this point. It seems like my money is being held hostage and I cant reach anyone higher than a customer service rep that could actually resolve this issue!

I will be sending a letter with copies of all the emails to corporate to this address:

1111 Expedia Group Way W

Seattle, WA 98119

I also think I will send an email to the Vice President of operations, David McAughan:

damcaughan@***.com

Hopefully its accurate information and perhaps itll be useful to anyone reading this. I work too hard for my money to get robbed by these people!

User's recommendation: Just book directly and avoid booking through Expedia. Don’t risk loosing you’re money!

Product or Service Mentioned: Expedia Car Rental.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Expedia Cons: Not helpful, Very not helpful, Extremely not helpful, Useless customer service.

Comments