Verified Reviewer

2.8

I had booked a hotel for the days of 20th - 24th of July at Wyndham DayInn in Ankeny-Des Moines. My friends and I had driven about 3 hours to the hotel.

I walk in to check into our room and was informed by the man at the front desk that I had to be 21 years of age to check in. I was not informed or aware of this before hand. I had asked the man - his name is Drew - how do I go with getting a full refund since I can not stay in the hotel at all. He had told me to contact Expedia.

So I had gotten connected with someone through text at Expedia. I had explained the situation to them and they had said to give them a few minutes and they would get back to me. At one point our conversation had ended and I never heard back. So my friends and I go to another hotel where they did not require us to be 21 to check in.

We stay there for the days we intended to. So on the Friday before we left I had received and email from Expedia saying they were looking into the situation and I would hear back from them in 24 hours.

It has been a week and I have not heard back. I also forgot to mention we have gotten a partial refund as the policy was if canceled the day of the booking we would be required to pay for a night

Expedia Pros: Prices are decent.

Expedia Cons: Cannot reach an actual human through phone call, Needs real personal help, Cannot get hold of an agent in an emergency.

Comments