This happened on 1/25/2013 around 1PM EST.
I looked up hotel rates on kayak.com and noticed that a website called hotelclub.com was showing a lower rate than expedia.com. Being a long time customer I called expedia and asked about the price match guarantee policy and was ensured that expedia will match their price. In good faith, i went ahead and booked the reservation and was put on hold to speak with a customer service rep. I was very disappointed after being put on hold for a long time only to find out that Expedia will not honor their price guarantee policy on some bogus claim about the room being offered by hotelclub.com being different. The rep claimed that hotelclub.com had 2 different rates for the same room and that the cheaper rate is for a smoking room. After some back and forth I decided I wanted to cancel my reservation and go with the other company only to be told that I will not be able to cancel the reservation even though I made it over the home less than a hour ago. After more back and forth the rep agreed to let me cancel the reservation. I went back to the other website and started the reservation procedure and guess what? There's a drop down menu for smoking or non-smoking. So where the *** did this rep come up with the "there are 2 rates on their website because one is for non smoking and for smoking. Our room is non-smoking and more expensive"??? I am very VERY disappointed with Expedia. I'm actually going on a trip to Mexico for a week that I booked through Expedia and I really want to cancel it. But i'm sure they'll come up with all kinds of BS to prevent me from canceling without some kind of penalty. I'm planning a 2 week trip to Africa for end of the year and I will NOT be booking with Expedia. I'm pretty sure I won't even visit their website ever again unless they do something drastic to restore my confidence with them.
I'm attaching screenshots as proof.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "WARNING –RENTER BEWARE Panther Knob Cabin Rentals in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee owned by Bobby & Susan Bates. After speaking with Susan on the phone for the first time I had..."
- " Has anyone been successful on canceling their membership with Travel Smart VIP? On June 22, 2015, I enrolled in the Bronze 100 Prime Membership contract # 10758 @..."
- "The resort posts very beautiful pictures about its location but in fact it does not have any beach since it is located on a swamp area while it takes..."
- "We purchased and paid over $15K for Kraftmaid kitchen cabinets. Long story short - it was over 18 months ago - we've had SEVEN!(7) replacement sets of doors and..."
- "Title says every thing I want to say. I was a fool and bought worry no more warranty twice , but the first minor claim I had and they ..."
- "We purchased two mid-century end tables with drawers to use as night stands approximately 8 months ago. When we received them we noticed a strong paint fume smell to..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."