This happened on 1/25/2013 around 1PM EST.
I looked up hotel rates on kayak.com and noticed that a website called hotelclub.com was showing a lower rate than expedia.com. Being a long time customer I called expedia and asked about the price match guarantee policy and was ensured that expedia will match their price. In good faith, i went ahead and booked the reservation and was put on hold to speak with a customer service rep. I was very disappointed after being put on hold for a long time only to find out that Expedia will not honor their price guarantee policy on some bogus claim about the room being offered by hotelclub.com being different. The rep claimed that hotelclub.com had 2 different rates for the same room and that the cheaper rate is for a smoking room. After some back and forth I decided I wanted to cancel my reservation and go with the other company only to be told that I will not be able to cancel the reservation even though I made it over the home less than a hour ago. After more back and forth the rep agreed to let me cancel the reservation. I went back to the other website and started the reservation procedure and guess what? There's a drop down menu for smoking or non-smoking. So where the *** did this rep come up with the "there are 2 rates on their website because one is for non smoking and for smoking. Our room is non-smoking and more expensive"??? I am very VERY disappointed with Expedia. I'm actually going on a trip to Mexico for a week that I booked through Expedia and I really want to cancel it. But i'm sure they'll come up with all kinds of BS to prevent me from canceling without some kind of penalty. I'm planning a 2 week trip to Africa for end of the year and I will NOT be booking with Expedia. I'm pretty sure I won't even visit their website ever again unless they do something drastic to restore my confidence with them.
I'm attaching screenshots as proof.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "See dirt in pictures below. Air filter was matted. Furniture was broken see master bed propped up on logs. Dish washer was full of water, we cleaned..."
- "I booked an online vacation package from Expedia.ca for 2 Adults and 1 three year old in Jan 2014. I booked this package from Edmonton to Maui. Since Expedia rated..."
- "The resort posts very beautiful pictures about its location but in fact it does not have any beach since it is located on a swamp area while it takes..."
- "I purchased a reload it pack in the beginning of December 2016. I attempted to set up an account on their website. (This is my first ever experience with this..."
- "I spent good money on a can of planters deluxe mixed nut an when i open the can i find a lot of nesty green nuts all in this can..."
- "My programmable Honeywell thermostat blow up & caused smoke. I was out at work & came home and saw wall had some smoke on it. The house smelled very bad...."
- "I see there are others who have this same poor decal quality experience. My trailer is awesome on the inside but looks like trailer trash from the outside and is..."
- "I purchased an ALEKO trolling motor for my 12' boat. So far, it has performed well without any problem. Just one issue: They advertise on Amazon that..."
- "Car Debt Solutions/cardebtsolutions.com is a auto consignment SCAM! Do not give your car to these people. It will disappear, and you will be out of even more money. Greg Christian..."