This happened on 1/25/2013 around 1PM EST.
I looked up hotel rates on kayak.com and noticed that a website called hotelclub.com was showing a lower rate than expedia.com. Being a long time customer I called expedia and asked about the price match guarantee policy and was ensured that expedia will match their price. In good faith, i went ahead and booked the reservation and was put on hold to speak with a customer service rep. I was very disappointed after being put on hold for a long time only to find out that Expedia will not honor their price guarantee policy on some bogus claim about the room being offered by hotelclub.com being different. The rep claimed that hotelclub.com had 2 different rates for the same room and that the cheaper rate is for a smoking room. After some back and forth I decided I wanted to cancel my reservation and go with the other company only to be told that I will not be able to cancel the reservation even though I made it over the home less than a hour ago. After more back and forth the rep agreed to let me cancel the reservation. I went back to the other website and started the reservation procedure and guess what? There's a drop down menu for smoking or non-smoking. So where the *** did this rep come up with the "there are 2 rates on their website because one is for non smoking and for smoking. Our room is non-smoking and more expensive"??? I am very VERY disappointed with Expedia. I'm actually going on a trip to Mexico for a week that I booked through Expedia and I really want to cancel it. But i'm sure they'll come up with all kinds of BS to prevent me from canceling without some kind of penalty. I'm planning a 2 week trip to Africa for end of the year and I will NOT be booking with Expedia. I'm pretty sure I won't even visit their website ever again unless they do something drastic to restore my confidence with them.
I'm attaching screenshots as proof.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "I secured authorization from Austrian Airlines for Expedia to make change with fee because they are the booking agent. Over that last several weeks I have called 14 times..."
- "WARNING –RENTER BEWARE Panther Knob Cabin Rentals in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee owned by Bobby & Susan Bates. After speaking with Susan on the phone for the first time I had..."
- "In November 2013 I stayed at the MANHATTAN CLUB, One bedroom-two bath unit 1516. This unit possessed all of the 'boutique' features: broken closets handle and kitchen light, a sofa..."
- "If I could give this seller ZERO stars I would. In fact I would give them negative stars if I could. Ordered a balance scooter, was promised it would be..."
- "I was told at 10pm that no vehicles were available so I rennted from Avis. After returning my rental vehicle to Avis at 4am the next day I decided..."
- "MANTHISSITESUCKS.com singsnapsucks2.com Malicious and Libelous Activity Internet http://www.ripoffreport.com/questionable-activities/manthissitesucks-com/manthissitesucks-com-singsnaps-68fad.htm 3Author3Consumer0Employee/Owner Report Details MANTHISSITESUCKS.com 1902 Pueble Drive Internet United States of America Phone: 9514913283 Web: www.singsnapsucks2.com/ Category: Questionable Activities ArbitrateSet the record straight! Singsnapsucks2.com changed to MANTHISSITESUCKS.com is a hate site..."
- "I been smoking your brand for years and I'm seriously thinking about changing brands due to the poor quality I am now getting. Your cigarettes are now much less packed..."
- "It so sad to see all these negative reviews . I received my Snap On Smile (SOS) in February of 2012 and its the best 1600 dollar investment i made..."
- "Hi. I don't think this is a complaint. I just wanted to share my recent experience finding a nice used Jeep Wrangler. I had visited a few of the after..."