I booked an online vacation package from Expedia.ca for 2 Adults and 1 three year old in Jan 2014. I booked this package from Edmonton to Maui.
Since Expedia rated this package for $1500 per person (including taxes) which was supposedly the cheapest, I went ahead and did the
bookings. I did not pay attention to the calculations for my three year old son and paid the total amount of $ 4496. I later realized that
Expedia had overcharged me as the charges are never full for a child. The airlines charge lesser for a child and hotels do not charge
anything if the kid shares the same bed. In fact no other travel agency charges full amount for a 3 year old. When I called up Expedia Call Center, they had no explanation of the charges applied and they kept arguing
with me. I eventually got frustrated and cancelled my booking with Expedia. I had to even shell out $225 + 5% tax as the cancellation charges
for no fault of mine. It was an extremely frustrating experience for me which led to just a monetary loss for me.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- False claims
- Extremely poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Vacation Package
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "From the minute we walked in the service and attention to detail was superb! Everything was clean and all of the staff were polite and happy. I had a one..."
- "The Krystal Cancun hotel is absolutely amazing , food is good rooms are clean. Like to thank "LALO" OR EDUARDO for being very professional and kind and all the rest..."
- "I (Milly Mathew, firstname.lastname@example.org) had booked accommodation in the name of Kevin Benny Kuriakose on 12th May 2014 for the Budget Flats Antwerp through Expedia website from 1st June 2014..."
- "You may have seen the ads stream across your social media accounts about some celebrity losing their job because they lost weight (Melissa McCarthy, for example) and all because they..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "Now is 16 Jan 20:40p.m.!!!!!Again again and again confirmed pick up but not appear!! What is Qxpress doing? See it yourself, until now the status is confirmed!! BUT NO PICKUP..."
- "I signed up as a rep a couple of months ago. I paid a fee to become a rep and paid money for advertising as well. A few days ago, the..."
- "Bought our holiday trailer in August 2013. By May 2014 the slide cracked. Dealership took 7tries over 15months to fix it properly. 35days after fix.. Tub is cracked from dealership..."
- "On Dec 22, 2016 I was sending parcel from Edmonton, AB to Logan Lake, BC. I was told it would be $56.00 and it would be delivered by Wednesday Dec..."