I booked an online vacation package from Expedia.ca for 2 Adults and 1 three year old in Jan 2014. I booked this package from Edmonton to Maui.
Since Expedia rated this package for $1500 per person (including taxes) which was supposedly the cheapest, I went ahead and did the
bookings. I did not pay attention to the calculations for my three year old son and paid the total amount of $ 4496. I later realized that
Expedia had overcharged me as the charges are never full for a child. The airlines charge lesser for a child and hotels do not charge
anything if the kid shares the same bed. In fact no other travel agency charges full amount for a 3 year old. When I called up Expedia Call Center, they had no explanation of the charges applied and they kept arguing
with me. I eventually got frustrated and cancelled my booking with Expedia. I had to even shell out $225 + 5% tax as the cancellation charges
for no fault of mine. It was an extremely frustrating experience for me which led to just a monetary loss for me.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- False claims
- Extremely poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Vacation Package
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "Itinerary #114063490462 Today its just like everyday, i made some online booking thru expedia buying airticket or hotel with them as i made partnership program with expedia. But what happen is..."
- "Hello, Regards with the Itinerary # 712225841975 , my name was not correctly updated in the Voucher. My First Name is "Ravishankar" but the name that was printed was "Ravi" and as..."
- "Sundance Vacations works hard at covering up the truth about what they are giving to people. In the sales presentation, they'll show you pictures of luxurious nice vacation spots. They'll..."
- "My wife and I purchased an agio patio dining set and it came out of the box with the protective cover having a tear on the seam. Agio sepcifically provides..."
- "MAR 17/2015 GOT A NEW FRIDGE FROM SEARS THE FREEZER LEAKS WATER INTO THE FRIDGE THE DOOR HAS A DENT IN IT.THE SHELVE THAT CAME WITH THE FRIDGE THE SHELVE..."
- "I signed up as a rep a couple of months ago. I paid a fee to become a rep and paid money for advertising as well. A few days ago, the..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."