I booked an online vacation package from Expedia.ca for 2 Adults and 1 three year old in Jan 2014. I booked this package from Edmonton to Maui.
Since Expedia rated this package for $1500 per person (including taxes) which was supposedly the cheapest, I went ahead and did the
bookings. I did not pay attention to the calculations for my three year old son and paid the total amount of $ 4496. I later realized that
Expedia had overcharged me as the charges are never full for a child. The airlines charge lesser for a child and hotels do not charge
anything if the kid shares the same bed. In fact no other travel agency charges full amount for a 3 year old. When I called up Expedia Call Center, they had no explanation of the charges applied and they kept arguing
with me. I eventually got frustrated and cancelled my booking with Expedia. I had to even shell out $225 + 5% tax as the cancellation charges
for no fault of mine. It was an extremely frustrating experience for me which led to just a monetary loss for me.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- False claims
- Extremely poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Vacation Package
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "Hello, Regards with the Itinerary # 712225841975 , my name was not correctly updated in the Voucher. My First Name is "Ravishankar" but the name that was printed was "Ravi" and as..."
- "We booked a condo unit in Seoul just this past June for 9 people. The title is "Celebrities areas and family, group stay" with Jay and Rana. The price was..."
- "Booked Hotel with Expedia. It was 4 star hotel advertised on Expedia's site. Ended up being a horror Hotel with dirty rooms, filthy windows, hazardous bathroom with no handles or..."
- "I am getting quite annoyed that Ancestry.ca keeps sending me emails when I have unsubscribed from ALL of them. Every time I get one now they will get a reply..."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it..."
- "One of the vets at this clinic named Dr. Materi was very careless with handling our degu. She was aware of her being pregnant and still refused to let us..."
- "This was my first time ordering from fanatics only to learn to just buy from the actual nba store or lakers store next time. They sent me a woman's kobe..."
- "I ordered a miu miu shoes online, they came the wrong size so I went to the store itself to exchange them...they did not have them in their inventory. So..."
- "As I stated in my previous review about being charged 3 times vs once, this was such a horrible time for it to happen. The funds were out my account..."