I booked a hotel room with Expedia for 25th & 26th September 2014. The room was unavailable upon arrival. Expedia still charged my credit card $205.23 (€160). Despite several emails and calls I’m yet to receive a refund. Now when I email I receive an autoreply advising I phone. When I phone I receive long delays, being cutoff, excuses and false promises.

Earlier calls to Expedia are unrecorded but I have since spoken to Muriel on 20 October, Jules on 28 October, Caroline on 5 November, Princess on 12 November, Angel on 10 December, Mark on 30 December ad Cece on 2 January. Average call is at least half an hour.

Despite their promises, it has become clear that Expedia don’t intend to refund me and are just “stringing me along” until I give up.

EXPEDIA, PLEASE PROVIDE REASON FOR NOT REFUNDING ME?

Lindsay Smith

Expedia Itinerary #774175037772

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. LindsaySmith stated that there is a room for improvement of lack of response from expedia and being wrongly charged. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "room unavailable but still charged" of hotel booking and associated monetary loss in the amount of $205. Expedia needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned hotel booking in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Expedia.

Had an Experience with Expedia?

Comments