Verified Reviewer

For the past two weeks I have been desperately trying to change the date of my return flight from Italy to Japan.

The above-mentioned flight has been purchased on Expedia with the understanding that I could've changed my dates if needed (tickets were advertised as no change fee).

It took my husband about 4 hours to get in touch with someone, and upon checking with a very rude lady and her manager, we were told that they cannot do anything to help (telling us that the date change is illegal?!), and that I should try to contact the airlines. As the flight has been bought on a third party platform, the airlines told me that they cannot help either.

Now, I am not back in Italy because I felt the need for a vacation.

I am back because my mother passed away. Not only I had to deal with the stress of finding a flight that would allow me to be back on time for her funeral, but now I also have to deal with the stress of not being able to modify a ticket that cost me $2400! During a global pandemic.

It's honestly disgusting, and someone is obviously lying about what they can/cannot do.

It's also very hard for me to believe that none of the Reps can pick up the phone/email, seeing the amount of employees currently working from home.

I am at a loss of what to do, and I think that's ridiculous that the only option I was given is to buy a new ticket. Shame on you and on your ridiculous business management, Expedia.

User's recommendation: Don't use Expedia ever. They're a useless platform.

Product or Service Mentioned: Expedia Flight Booking.

Preferred solution: A change in my flight (currently set for April 22, 2021), or a refund of the leg/tickets I won't be using..

Expedia Cons: Unable to speak to a customer service rep, Cannot assist with trip changes, Rude and incompetent employees.

Comments