Verified Reviewer

1.9

Update by user Oct 20, 2021

The insurance company that insured my hotel reservation, said that they need a death certificate in order to process my claim. Unfortunately, I do not feel comfortable asking my mother-in-law for the death certificate, but was able to submit the obituary to prove my father-in-laws death. That was not good enough for the insurance company.

Original review posted by user Sep 19, 2021

In regards to Claim # 721494****9242.

We are still trying to get reimbursed for our hotel room from Sept 4th-6th at Oceanside Inn in Daytona. We checked into the hotel and then got news from my mother that my father was not doing well.

We checked back out &; rushed to be with him. He passed a few days later. See attached obituary.

Expedia continues to try and reach the hotel manager but they have not had any luck so far. I have called the hotel & spoke to someone at the front desk that told me that the manager, Ms Laura, has said that she would release funds to Expedia for my reimbursement but she was still waiting on a call from Expedia.

When you call, choose option 1, to make a reservation. That is how I got ahold of them.

Expedia Cons: Lost money.

Comments