Featured Not resolved
2.8
Additional Fees
Number of Destinations

Made a hotel reservation in Cambodia and received a confirmation. The next day, hotel sent an email stating they had an error and had no rooms and suggested I find another hotel which I did. When I asked the hotel to refund my money, they stated I needed to cancel the room through Expedia.

The Expedia website allowed me to cancel the room, but the website thinks I am requesting the cancellation and therefore I will not receive a full refund. I contacted the hotel, and they asked me to contact Expedia for the unrefunded portion.

I have contacted Expedia 3 times via their "Customer Service" telephone number and have explained the story to them each time. I sent an email to their customer service (travel@customercare.expedia.com) with supporting emails between myself and the hotel stating the hotel accepted the cause for the cancellation since they had no rooms. After 3 weeks, I receive an email from Expedia stating "We don't know what you are asking us to do".

On top of this, the second hotel was also overbooked and had no rooms. I called Expedia because I was in a foreign country with no hotel. After 2 hours, they did find another hotel (at almost twice the price but would not pay the difference - can you say "bait and switch"?), and were very unsympathetic to my situation.

I will never use Expedia again and warn you that Expedia's Customer Service is simply horrible. Use their website as an information resource, but do yourself a favor and book through some other means (call hotels directly, etc.)

Product or Service Mentioned: Expedia Room Booking.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Initial offer.

I didn't like: Putting me on hold again and again, After being told by multiple people i would be paid.

Comments

I had similar issue last night. Was booked and confirmed and got there and they said nope Over booked so I was driving around late at night with my daughter in a place we have never been looking for a hotel!