Expedia - Got charged 7x for the same flight; still nothing booked
Update added by user Nov 15, 2013
Update: I now have a total of 10 charges for the same flight and still no booking. I cannot book using another company because they maxed out the limit on the card.
Original review posted by user Nov 14, 2013
Yesterday I tried booking a flight to Europe from Asia on Expedia and the final page gave me an error and told me to try again later.I tried again after 10 minutes and after another 20 minutes and got the same error both times.
I then realised I was charged for the flight 3x and the transaction said Las Vegas, which has nothing to do with where I'm supposed to go. I never had any confirmed bookings in my account or in my email. I called several times and tried booking over the phone several times, each times asking about the charges and every single time Expedia confirmed to me that they did not charge anything except for the $1 authorisation and that they could not see any credit card charges on my account since months ago. The first few times I called, they told me Etihad had problems and to try again later but the last time I called to book I then asked to book through another airline, got the same error and they told me it's probably a problem with Expedia's website and that I should try again tomorrow.
I have called around 10 times in total and not a single person in Expedia could find any traces of these charges in their system, yet their timing corresponds exactly with my online and phone reservations and they are exactly the same price so I don't know where else they can come from.Another thing I still don't understand is that the charges say Las Vegas while I'm going to Europe.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Flight Booking
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "My son and I have a flight from Tampa to Fayetteville NC November 1st. We were notified that Fayetteville around courthouse is all underwater. Our court hearing was moved to..."
- "VERY BAD SCARY EXPERIENCE...STAYED AT THE INVERRARY RESORT...FOR 20 MINUTES NTHE ROOM HAD BLOOD STAINS ON BED SQUIRTS DIRTY SHEETS N FILTHY BROKEN RUGS...WE WENT TO ANOTHER ROOM N IT..."
- "Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P71JMmpiymA Sundance Vacations is practically a group of *** artists! I was led to believe that I would be saving on so much money on rooms for..."
- "Hello, I'm frequent flyer of Malaysian Airline and generally, my experiences are good however, on Wed. 8th Jun, 2016, I took MH 720 (seat 9C) from Jakarta to KUL and it..."
- "I am a Hong Kong seller. I sold an item to a UK buyer on 1 Apr 2013. The item no. is 171003786000. There is a minor damage in..."
- "We bought a Meissen porcelain figurine on eBay on a buy-it-now option. The figurine was listed as excellent condition and we also asked the seller before the purchase whether it..."
- "My over all experience with this dealership since I got my 2016 Colorado four months ago. My sales experience was good they do the typical push you into stuff..."
- "I ordered the "Bursting Blushes" bouquet, with the "exquisite upgrade" for mother's day this year. The photo showed a dozen or so red roses with five or six large..."
- "If you click the link you will see how we got ripped off at Giunta's Meat Farm in Bohemia NY When we opened the roast beef package we saw what you..."