Expedia - Got charged 7x for the same flight; still nothing booked
Update added by user Nov 15, 2013
Update: I now have a total of 10 charges for the same flight and still no booking. I cannot book using another company because they maxed out the limit on the card.
Original review posted by user Nov 14, 2013
Yesterday I tried booking a flight to Europe from Asia on Expedia and the final page gave me an error and told me to try again later.I tried again after 10 minutes and after another 20 minutes and got the same error both times.
I then realised I was charged for the flight 3x and the transaction said Las Vegas, which has nothing to do with where I'm supposed to go. I never had any confirmed bookings in my account or in my email. I called several times and tried booking over the phone several times, each times asking about the charges and every single time Expedia confirmed to me that they did not charge anything except for the $1 authorisation and that they could not see any credit card charges on my account since months ago. The first few times I called, they told me Etihad had problems and to try again later but the last time I called to book I then asked to book through another airline, got the same error and they told me it's probably a problem with Expedia's website and that I should try again tomorrow.
I have called around 10 times in total and not a single person in Expedia could find any traces of these charges in their system, yet their timing corresponds exactly with my online and phone reservations and they are exactly the same price so I don't know where else they can come from.Another thing I still don't understand is that the charges say Las Vegas while I'm going to Europe.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Flight Booking
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "Itinerary #114063490462 Today its just like everyday, i made some online booking thru expedia buying airticket or hotel with them as i made partnership program with expedia. But what happen is..."
- "So much for deals & savings. I booked a reservation through Expedia while in the Angola, IN area for the birth of my Grandson. Expedia charged me $414.62, hotel receipt..."
- "Our Review of the Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa in Gatlinburg Tenn..."
- "We bought a Meissen porcelain figurine on eBay on a buy-it-now option. The figurine was listed as excellent condition and we also asked the seller before the purchase whether it..."
- "I contacted their customer service department in relation to a faulty pair of leggings I bought. I absolutely love the leggings but I am very unhappy with the quality as they..."
- "We experienced mechanical problem from the outset as the clutch was clunky as we drove it away. Clutch subsequently failed and the awful thing was I had my 83 year..."
- "I purchased the veggie lovers bag salad from my local grocery store in Maryland and have been slowly consuming it over the last 3 days. Today at lunch I found..."
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."