Expedia - Got charged 7x for the same flight; still nothing booked
Update added by user Nov 15, 2013
Update: I now have a total of 10 charges for the same flight and still no booking. I cannot book using another company because they maxed out the limit on the card.
Original review posted by user Nov 14, 2013
Yesterday I tried booking a flight to Europe from Asia on Expedia and the final page gave me an error and told me to try again later.I tried again after 10 minutes and after another 20 minutes and got the same error both times.
I then realised I was charged for the flight 3x and the transaction said Las Vegas, which has nothing to do with where I'm supposed to go. I never had any confirmed bookings in my account or in my email. I called several times and tried booking over the phone several times, each times asking about the charges and every single time Expedia confirmed to me that they did not charge anything except for the $1 authorisation and that they could not see any credit card charges on my account since months ago. The first few times I called, they told me Etihad had problems and to try again later but the last time I called to book I then asked to book through another airline, got the same error and they told me it's probably a problem with Expedia's website and that I should try again tomorrow.
I have called around 10 times in total and not a single person in Expedia could find any traces of these charges in their system, yet their timing corresponds exactly with my online and phone reservations and they are exactly the same price so I don't know where else they can come from.Another thing I still don't understand is that the charges say Las Vegas while I'm going to Europe.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Flight Booking
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "A review of our incredible vacation at the Villa del Palmar Cabo..."
- "This happened on 1/25/2013 around 1PM EST. I looked up hotel rates on kayak.com and noticed that a website called hotelclub.com was showing a lower rate than expedia.com. Being a..."
- "We booked a condo unit in Seoul just this past June for 9 people. The title is "Celebrities areas and family, group stay" with Jay and Rana. The price was..."
- "Everytime I eat breakfast at my local location, they never put herbs on the roasted potatoes unless I point out that they are missing. The first time when I pointed..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "I have taken many classes on line and I HATE when the teacher chooses PEARSON, every semester is something with this site. This time, I chose to buy an e-text..."
- "Dear Kazuo Hirai, I write to lodge a complaint against the defect of DSC-HX30V and express my great disappointment to the quality control of Sony and design of this model. The..."
- "We bought a Meissen porcelain figurine on eBay on a buy-it-now option. The figurine was listed as excellent condition and we also asked the seller before the purchase whether it..."
- "Hello, I'm frequent flyer of Malaysian Airline and generally, my experiences are good however, on Wed. 8th Jun, 2016, I took MH 720 (seat 9C) from Jakarta to KUL and it..."