Expedia - Good luck reaching customer service

581 of 1673 Expedia reviews

Wanted to ascertain how much it would be to add a day to our upcoming trip.First tried to use the "we will call you back and you won't lose your place in line" feature that promised me a call within 4 hours, 8 minutes.

Never received a call. Tried to email through website - you can't. You can provide feedback but it explicitly tells you not to expect a reply. Tried posting to their Facebook page.

Ignored. Tried emailing them through Facebook. Ignored. Tried mentioned them in a post ignored.

(I mentioned one of the country's largest retain chains in a post regarding a complaint once and they emailed me back in about five minutes and resolve my issue immediately.) It's now been 4 days since my first contact with them with the most recent attempts being: sitting on hold for 38 minutes last night then a last ditch effort to send an extremely nicely worded email to their CEO through Facebook after reading all the horrible customer service experiences I found on this site. Since when do companies ignore you when you want to spend money to do business with them? I've spent a great deal of time analyzing customer relationship management in my graduate studies and know that this is a way NOT to do business. I'm concerned now about having problems with our flight/hotel, etc.

after reading some of the other reviews and I can't do anything about changing the ticket through the airline because I tried and they told me "we unfortunately can't touch this with a ten foot pole - it's a bulk ticket and only Expedia can change it." This was the first time I booked through Expedia. Priceline was always my "go to" travel booking site and anytime I called their customer service I was not only able to reach a live voice almost immediately, I've never had an issue go unresolved. After this trip is concluded (hopefully successfully), I'm going back to Priceline . .

.people who actually care about their customers.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Unable to contact via email
    • No live chat service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Price reduction
Review category
Transport
review #602378 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Expedia? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
581 of 1673 Expedia reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.