Verified Reviewer

I reserved a hotel (Greektown in Detroit) through Expedia. Expedia subsequently sent an email to me saying the hotel had cancelled the reservation because of the virus and that I would be issued a voucher.

I replied to Expedia that I had no use for the voucher and was entitled to a refund given that it was the hotel that had canceled. After spending over an hour on the phone with Expedia customer service (during which they disconnected but did not call back despite my having given them my phone number) and 4 hours on chat (most on hold), they replied that they had to abide by the hotel's policy not to issue refunds.

After I investigated further, and through direct contact with the hotel, I learned that the hotel had issued refunds to everyone that had booked with them directly. It was Expedia that was refusing to issue a refund and fraudulently claiming otherwise.

User's recommendation: Do not book any travel through Expedia.

Product or Service Mentioned: Expedia Room Booking.

Expedia Cons: No call back when disconnected, Customer support representative, Each party blamed the other for the booking.

Comments