Verified Reviewer

1.6

Expedia offers nothing but higher costs. I booked a trip with a resort.

While booking, Expedia offers trip cancellation insurance that I accepted for $60.14. I come to find out the resort offers free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to trip. Anything later and you are charged a fraction of the lodging. Expedia sells a policy that isn't even needed.

Good luck trying to cancel. I waited on hold multiple times for minutes on end only to hear a click and disconnect. They charge you and good luck penetrating the fortress for a refund. I tried their online chat and that is a joke.

It's a Bot and kept thinking I wanted to cancel the trip when I only wanted to cancel the insurance. If that's not enough, the website instructs me to call the number. When I call the number, they want me to use the site. Oh it gets better.

I finally reached a human over a month later at Expedia. They couldn't refund the insurance policy and said you have to call our insurance carrier. I called the insurance carrier and they said they can't refund and to call Expedia. From website to phone to website to Expedia "Help Line" to Insurance company to Expedia.

They take your money and ping pong you to no solution.

The even better part, I called the lodge directly, and they gave me a better room rate than Expedia provided me with. So let's see, I did Expedia and paid $60.14 for an unnecessary insurance policy and would have paid another extra $68 in room rates had I not spoken to the lodge first.

Expedia offers nothing unless you have cash you're looking to offload.

User's recommendation: Run, Don't Walk!

Preferred solution: Refund of "Trip Protection" in the amount of $60.14.

Expedia Pros: I have no idea.

Expedia Cons: Poor customer service of getting a refund, Insurance and deceifull people, Service.

Comments