I booked 4 nights for a hotel for my wife and children for Spring Break. I received a confirmation email saying no need to call and confirm. It had a reservation # on it.

Unfortunately I had to cancel the trip so I called Expedia and they could not find my itenerary #. They said it didn't exist. I said I had an email, etc. and they still insisted it was a glitch and that I didn't really have a reservation so no worries... I would not be charged.

First of all, what if I had not cancelled and my family showed up to no reservation?? I decided to call the hotel directly to make sure they didn't have a reservation and would charge me for not showing up... GUESS WHAT??? They had my reservation from Expedia. I cancelled it with them and luckily won't be charged.

WHAT IF I DIDN'T CALL THE HOTEL???

I have used Expedia for many years.,.. but not anymore. What a nightmare this might have been!

Goodbye Expedia.

Review about: Expedia Room Booking.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Why do you use a non-essential third party service for something as simple as a hotel reservation ? --- I do not understand the logic behind not contacting any provider (in this case hotel) directly to set up and, if need be, cancel reservations...if you're trying to cheap out somehow, this is your own fault.