Verified Reviewer

1.3

I paid Expedia 6 weeks in advance for a Fox car rental in Chicago. When I got to the Fox counter in ORD 6 weeks later, the Fox agent informed me he wouldn't rent to me because I planned to drive 2 hours from Illinois to Michigan!

Fox policy doesn't allow Illinois cars to go to Michigan, apparently. I explained I had not been informed of this by Expedia. He said it was on the Fox website. I never dealt with Fox directly; I bought the worthless reservation from Expedia.

I expected Expedia to refund my $460, but they said it was up to Fox to refund. I called Fox and they said they didn't have my money, Expedia does. After several calls and transfers and asking for a supervisor at Expedia, they insist they must check with Fox. I never got a rental car or contract.

I went to Avis and rented a compact for $900. I got nothing for my Expedia reservation, yet they and Fox kept the car. I plan to dispute the charge on my Visa cc. I'm 70 years old, sweating and breathing hard with 3 heavy bags at ORD.

Lucky I didn't have a heart attack. Thanks, Expedia

User's recommendation: Don't book thru Expedia.

Expedia Cons: I did not get what i paid for.

Comments