Phuket, Phuket

Itinerary #114063490462

Today its just like everyday, i made some online booking thru expedia buying airticket or hotel with them as i made partnership program with expedia.

But what happen is when i finally type in every single customer detail and my mode of payment. They came out this !@#$ (Sorry

We weren't able to proceed with your booking. Please try your search again.) And i think oh what just happen, maybe the system went down or my internet down. So i just my Account as i'm using a debit card, so its was deducted 3,800 baht.

Then i call their customer service which is very bad because it is very useless, at their end they can't check the payment. and they re assure me that i didn't makes any Booking, so i ask them, where does my money fly to? To double confirm i went to the bank and check but they told me is deducted to expedia account yet they told me not them. Lucky me i have sms which is a prove, So experdia can you help me on thi thanks you very much.

Review about: Expedia Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Expedia?

Comments

There is nothing fraudulent here.First: You hire Expedia to go to the airlines or hotel and purchase a ticket or reservation.

Obviously they are not going to put that money out without making sure you are able to and will pay for it. Second: So when you attempt to buy something and use a DEBIT CARD, Expedia then puts a hold on your bank account for the cost of what you are asking them to buy. Third: After they purchase the item for you, they then submit the charge to your bank, where the charge and hold are consolidated. Fourth: If you do not purchase something like occurred herein, the hold still remains for a day or two until it falls off.

The absolute worst thing to do is buy any kind of travel arrangements with a debit card.

A credit card always gives you more protection.

Contact your bank and file a fraudulent pending charge and have them monitor it.If the charge goes through, it is fraud.

I also have a pending charge from them for $2500.00 for a booking that could not be made.