Verified Reviewer

2.7

I used to book through Expedia all the time because they were great agents for the consumer. If I werent happy, they rectified it.

Recently we had a trip planned - 4 days in Sarasota and then 4 in Fort Lauderdale.

We booked 3. of our hotels through Expedia. One was planned and booked a month ago. The other 2 were last minute due to Hurricane Ian challenges.

1 of the 2 was booked 2 hours prior. The conditions of the property were not as advertised. The bar/restaurant wasnt open and the property lacked cleanliness. We decided not to stay because we were unsatisfied.

The property refused a refund (even though we only booked 2 hours prior). We reached out to Expedia, who lacked the ability to advocate for a refund. The property manager was rude, lacked professionalism and integrity. She blamed the weather for their poor conditions and closure of the restaurant.

All the other hotel next door was fully functional with restaurant and bar open (we already had that one booked through Expedia for the following Saturday and decided to extend our stay w/them for the days prior).

I reached out to Expedia again, to no avail.

They still they could not help. I see no reason to book through Expedia in the future as they cannot help advocate in a situation that was so unsatisfactory.

User's recommendation: Book direct through hotels.

Comments