888 views
Verified Reviewer

Featured Resolved
5.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Mar 12, 2020

Refund from Expedia

Update by user Mar 12, 2020

Thank God Expedia Has Common Sense and Concern for Customers ❤️They agreed that asking for heat in a hotel is reasonable. After I wrote Expedia Board of Directors, Consumer Relations called and emailed me.

Sending me a refund and my husband got deposit he paid. Mountaineer Motel refused refund and ignored calls from Expedia according to Expedia in email sent to me. Never prepay for Hotel!!!!!!!!! Thank you pissed.com for your assistance See nice email from Expedia: On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 5:20 PM Hotels.com wrote:Complaint Reference Number: 5095****Hello Gina, My name is Miles and I represent the Corporate Office of Hotels.com as a Consumer Relations Specialist.

Your inquiry to Deanna Chase has been escalated to my desk and I have had the opportunity to review your concerns.First, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you've experienced. I can assure you that we are working diligently to assist in the best way possible. Upon review of the reservation in question we were able to verify that the hotel property did not list a mandatory security deposit until February 27, 2020 while your reservation was booked on February 05, 2020. Additionally, while I understand that the hotel provided space heaters in an attempt for you to stay comfortable during the stay, this is still not the type of experience one would expect when staying at a commercial property.

For these inconveniences, Hotels.com has proceeded to issue a full refund on the reservation despite the hotel repeatedly denying our refund requests. The refund in the amount of $132.20 USD has been processed back to the original form of payment provided at the time of booking. These funds should reflect in your account within 3 to 7 business days, depending on your financial institution.

A confirmation email of the refund has also been sent to the email address on file with the reservation for your records.If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to let me know by replying to this email.Thank you for bringing this matter to our concerns and allowing us the chance to review. Best Regards, Miles H.Consumer Relations SpecialistGlobal Customer OperationsExpediagroup.com

Update by user Feb 11, 2020

DO Not go to mountaineer inn in Asheville. The attendant laughed at my request for refund and hung up on me after I spent 2 nights with no heat but little space heater they gave. 28 degrees?

Update by user Feb 11, 2020

No Concern For Humans

Original review posted by user Feb 11, 2020

It was 28 degrees when I pulled up to get the room I had prepaid for online. About 1am.

Only at that time, I was told 100.00 deposit was needed on top of the hotel bill I prepaid. I had no money to go to another hotel. I paid them upfront. It takes days to get refund I didnt have an extra 100 for dep and they had another guy waiting in 28 degree weather shivering trying to scrape up 100.00.

The hotel attendant ADMITTED the 100 dollar policy was a new policy that was not was not listed online as a requirement. I told the attendant I had just driven 4.5 hours to get there and did not have an extra hundred and asked to speak to the manager. The attendant said the manager was unavailable and told me I could request a refund from Expedia. He didnt give a flip that had already prepaid for 2 nights at his inn and shivering in28 degree weather talking about a deposit they never told me I needed until I got there.

My husband paid the deposit. The addendent told us. Be out by 11am and call the front desk if we needed anything. We went to the room with one key and the room was ICE COLD!!!

There was no telephone in the room. I marched back up to the front desk in the cold. He gave me a space heater and said he would turn up the heat from his office. No individual thermostats in each room.

Me and my husband froze our butts off all night on his birthday weekend. Quite miserable in 28 degree weather. After visiting Biltmore , The next day we walked back into a refrigerator I walked back up to the front desk where attendant reminded me we were given a space heater. I told him, I have a space heater, it is freezing in there with the space heater .

The attendant told me the office heat was already turned up to the max and gave me a second space heater. On the way out, the maintenance man, Anthony met me and offered to carry the space heater. He came inside the room and checked the vent and said, its cold in here and Im going to talk to front desk. Front desk never offered to check the room OR move us to a room that was getting heat.

The second heater STOPPED working and the internet STOPPED working too. We froze out butts off for the second night. Bugs were in the bathroom. By the next morning the heat was working as we were leaving to check out.

This business has about 800 reviews. Temperature control is a common thread of complaints listed, bugs, outdated facilities. This business KNOWS there are deep seated problems with heating and ac They r too trifling to truly fix it but they keep collecting money from unsuspecting customers like me. They have cheated the wrong person.

The buck stops here. I told the attendant I will be writing BBB and taking it regulating authorities for housing and hotels. They have NO BUSINESS running a hotel without heat. It is wrong and inhumane.

I am demanding a full refund and Im going to let this business Tell the authorities about code infractions in court after I most definitely report them in writing. I took pictures of bugs, un covered device where. Thermostat was at some point Furthermore, Wendy at hotel.com called mountaineer inn and explained the hotel is refusing to refund me. Wendy offers me a measly 30.00 voucher from hotel.com for future purchases.

Insulting! Neither hotel.com or mountaineer cared about a human being a freezing 28 degree room for 2 nights that I prepaid for. A total disregard for all decency. Hotel.com is in agreement with crooked, unethical sorry excuse for a business that does not provide basic heat in the middle of the winter.

No where on this confirmation email does it say I had 100.00 deposit. In fact it says you are paid in full. See confirmation letter from hotel.com below:

PropertiesDeals

Secret Prices

Hotels.com

Hi gina,

To help get you ready, heres all the information youll need for your stay.

Check your details below. You can manage your booking online or call us at 800-2-HOTELS.

If you have questions about the property, please contact them directly.

We hope you enjoy your stay.

Hotels.com View reservation Get directions Print receipt

Join Hotels.com Rewards

Join Hotels.com Rewards before you checkout, and collect your nights from this trip.

When you've collected 10 nights, you'll get 1 reward¹ night.

Join and start collecting

The Mountaineer Inn

The Mountaineer Inn

155 Tunnel Road Asheville, North Carolina, 28805-****, United States of America

Contact this property directly: +182********

View on map Your booking is guaranteed and all paid for.

Confirmation number920002****919

Check in

02/07/2020(3 PM)

Check out

02/09/2020(11 AM)

Amenities Free wifi Free breakfast

GuestsAdults - 2

Total$132.20

You saved on this booking with Secret Prices!

Weather update for Asheville, North Carolina

FRI 02/07SAT 02/08SUN 02/09

Partly Sunny w/ Flurries Showers Mostly Sunny

40ºF / 24ºF43ºF / 25ºF52ºF / 38ºF

Need a rental car?

Compare 1,500 suppliers

View deals

Brought to you by Hotels.com Rewards

Get rewarded while you sleep! Collect 10 nights, get 1 reward¹ night with Hotels.com Rewards

Learn More

Book online or call 800-2-HOTELS (800-246-****)

Do you want to unsubscribe?

Product or Service Mentioned: Expedia Room Booking.

Expedia Cons: Extremely bad customer service.

DO Not PREPAY for hotel! Hotel.com with Expedia leaves decision to hotel to refund
Explore video interviews

Comments

#2034345

Thanks for telling your experience I was about you really helped me out

I do not believe in the use of third part agencies.

I'm not reading all that. The title could sum it all up to wit : Never prepay for anything. Nam numquam quicquam IP.

Expedia Reviews