In January 2012, I signed up to volunteer to build a playground for needy children at an orphanage in Mongolia.After completing the project I decided to stop off in Beijing, China before returning to the United States.

I searched on Expedia.com for a hotel in Beijing. I found 100s of hotels in the $21-$75 range. After my volunteer trip, I wanted to treat myself to accommodation that was clean, dirt free, pest free and safe so I looked for a room in the $90-$100 range. I chose the Beijing Jingyuan Courtyard Hotel, Beijing because it was advertised by Expedia to meet all of my needs at this price point.

I paid $93 a night for accommodation that turned out literally to be a flea bag hotel that wasn’t even worth $20 a night.

I sent two lengthy detailed requests to Expedia to rectify the deplorable accommodation experience I was provided with in Beijing. They didn’t do anything despite repeated requests. I wanted to change hotels but I would be subject to a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total amount paid for the reservation.

I am extremely disappointed with my recent booking through Expedia. I spent $642.78 for 6 nights at a pest infested dirty hotel. On a daily basis, I had to deal with numerous mosquitoes, a large quantity of jumping tick like bugs on the bed, and centipedes in the bathroom. One night I found a gecko crawling on the wall next to my bed.

Every day and multiple times during the night I woke up to kill pests on my body and in my room. Apart from removing the gecko, management did nothing to remedy the situation. Also the hotel was dirty, unkempt and provided bad food. I feel ripped off and cheated by the abysmal service provided by this establishment.

It has been five months with no satisfactory response from Expedia or from the hotel proprietor regarding the dismal dirty pest infested accommodations I was provided with on my trip to Beijing. I have had take time off work to visit the doctor multiple times, seek out medical help, and obtain a prescription for dozens of bites all over my body received at the hotel.

This amounts to Fraud by Expedia.This horrendous accommodation incident is the worst I have experienced in 25 years of worldwide travel.

Review about: Expedia Travel Insurance.

Had an Experience with Expedia?

Comments

Expedia - Hidden Fees - Ripoff- Liars. They even stoop so low as to have the employees challenge but NEVER RESOLVE complaints posted on this site.

Absolutely fraudulent misrepresentation sums up this excuse for a company!

Expedia - Worst Customer Service You will never get a refund Expedia blocks negative reviews on their web site Report to the FTC

Expedia - Liars, deceivers and thieves sums up this despicable excuse for a travel company

Another rip off by EXPEDIA. Do not use Expedia.com. They will never resolve any complaint.