1.9

Bought a ticket from Expedia with the AON insurance for leave from Djibouti to meet my family in Brussels (hadn't seen in over a year) and due to military mission change had to cancel 72 hours prior to departure.Expedia said I could rebook ticket value elsewhere within one year.

Ten months later went to rebook ticket value through Expedia and told could only be done for same rote. Tried explaining that I was no longer stationed in Djibouti and it would cost me twice the amount to return there ( which I have no desire to see again) on top of price difference for new ticket. Expedia said to file through AON since I bought the insurance. Claim denied as I didn't qualify for medical reason.

Apparently serving in a combat zone to protect American interests (that would include AON and EXPEDIA ) didn't count. What a disgrace.

Have used CheapoAir and their travel insurance in the past and had no issues.NEVER will I use Expedia again as they endorse deceptive marketing practices taking advantage of a very vulnerable audience.

Review about: Expedia Flight Booking.

I liked: Ease of website access.

I didn't like: False advertising on their policy.

Had an Experience with Expedia?

Comments