Verified Reviewer

I have spent hours with Expedia Virtual Chat -- worthless -- and on the phone on hold waiting to speak to a live person. The longest time on hold, thus far, has been 95 minutes with the shortest time 45 minutes.

I have yet to reach a live person. The Expedia vm message said "someone will be with you within 2 minutes" -- that's a joke! I had to cancel a trip in 2020 due to pandemic. I purchased tickets via Expedia.

I canceled via Expedia and was sent an e-mail from Expedia saying I was issued an airline credit to use later for a new flight with United. The hours I have recently spent getting nowhere was trying to use the airline credit and book new tickets with United.

It is like Expedia has built this brick wall between themselves and the customer and there is no passage thru, over or under. I think their goal is for customers to just give up and forfeit the money spent on tickets, hotels, etc.

User's recommendation: Do NOT use Expedia. Make reservations directly with airline, hotel et al.

Product or Service Mentioned: Expedia Flight Booking.

Preferred solution: To use the airline credit from canceled tickets in 2020 for new tickets in 2021.

Expedia Cons: Navigating customer service is a nightmare.

Comments