My friend and I decided to take a photography trip to New Mexico.We planned to be there from 24-28 May 2017.

I reserved and pre-paid for a room at Best Western in Socorro, New Mexico through Expedia. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to cut our trip short and left 27 May 2017 around 4am which means the room could be re-rented. Since I'd already pre-paid through Expedia, Best Western was unable to give me the unused balance I'd paid for the room which they would have been able to do if I'd paid directly to them. When I got back home from New Mexico I contacted Expedia and asked for a refund.

They refused to give me a refund because I didn't let Expedia know by 4pm on 26 May 2017 that I wouldn't need the room. We didn't even know we were going to leave at 4pm. At this point, it's not about the money. It's about their policy and lack of customer service.

I thought by pre-paying it would allow me some protection.

It didn't.I won't use them again!

Insurance Quality
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Expedia Room Booking
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / $88
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Expedia?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion