Expedia Unpublished Rate Buyer Beware!!
Today (01/30/2012) I booked an night in Savannah Ga in the Historic District for a Four Star Hotel. Once it was booked I am notified that the hotel will be The Westin Savannah Harbor Resort & Spa which by any stretch of the imagination is not located in the historic district, it is located across the river .8 of a mile by water. I immediately called Expedia, I was told that since it was a unpublished rate hotel basiclly tough ***!! I asked to speak with a supervisor and was offered a future $50 credit.
I called my bank to reverse charges and was told that a claim would have to be filed and it could take upto 90 days for it to be settled.
I accepted the $50 credit and once I have used it I will never use Expedia again.
My experience in the past 10 years with Expedia has been good, but the customer service seems to have been outsourced.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Unpublished Rates
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Hello, Regards with the Itinerary # 712225841975 , my name was not correctly updated in the Voucher. My First Name is "Ravishankar" but the name that was printed was "Ravi" and as..."
- "They manipulated our physical and mental state of mind by making us wait for well over 6 hours with no meals and two small children. Once we were mentally exhausted..."
- "At SILVER DUNES 45 first off we were told it was beachfront and it is not him I'm sitting here looking at a pool and far away I can't see..."
- "I ordered an arrangement to be sent to the funeral of my mothers twin sister. My mother has alzheimers and is unable to order for herself. The flowers were horrible.My..."
- "6:10pm and a "representive" came to the door, getting ready to serve dinner, my fiancé lye him in. He kept going on about saving us money ($7 average, to be..."
- "we bought a sofa from Conn's a year a go we complain about it not being comfy, they replaced cushions steel didn't help. now customers service hangs up and..."
- "I send the package ahead of time so that when I arrived in my hometown I am expecting that my package is there already waiting for me. Due to unknown..."
- "Shelter mutual has gave me *** since the 14th i was hurt in an accident by one of shelters cliants its the 22nd i still have no rental they keep..."
- "Earlier this year I ordered their 3-in-1 Design Nationality Pattern Protective Hard Case for iPod touch 6 Assorted Color in PINK (very important to know) When I received it, they..."