I used Expedia to book flights for my honeymoon.A month and a half later, I received an email that my flights had been changed and that I needed to contact Expedia.
The first time I called them, I was at work - I thought a quick call could resolve the problem, but I spent 10 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone, who then put me on hold for a further 10 minutes. I finally had to hang up because I couldn't neglect my responsibilities at work any longer. The second time I called, I spent at least 20 minutes on hold just waiting to speak to someone. I'm baffled as to why they couldn't take the initiative to contact me, which could've saved me over 30 minutes of waiting on hold.
Once I finally managed to speak with someone, I was told that my flight time had been changed by more than 11 hours. I was given two options - request a full refund (and then have to pay full price on a new reservation, which was now considerably more expensive), or accept another less-than-ideal flight at no discount. I grudgingly accepted another flight, then spent well over an hour on hold (again) just waiting for a confirmation that everything had been changed and that my soon to be wife and I would still be able to sit together on the plane. Once everything was finally confirmed, I voiced my displeasure at Expedia's handling of the entire situation.
The representative offered a $50 Expedia voucher, but didn't send it to me or explain how to find/redeem it. In short, I spent two hours on the phone attempting to resolve something that should've already been taken care of, I got stuck with a flight that I didn't want, I lost several hours of my honeymoon due to the later flight, and all they offered in compensation was a $50 credit to spend on another Expedia reservation (which doesn't even cover half of the cost of a hotel stay). To add insult to injury, when they sent my new itinerary, it was addressed "Dear _____" - they didn't even bother to type my name into the email.
If I ever get my $50 credit, I'm going to sell it to someone else, as I never intend to use the company for anything ever again.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Flight Booking
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I secured authorization from Austrian Airlines for Expedia to make change with fee because they are the booking agent. Over that last several weeks I have called 14 times..."
- "I (Milly Mathew, firstname.lastname@example.org) had booked accommodation in the name of Kevin Benny Kuriakose on 12th May 2014 for the Budget Flats Antwerp through Expedia website from 1st June 2014..."
- "This is a clip from ABC 27 in Harrisburg, PA where they do an investigative piece on Sundance Vacations. (it's in the second half of the clip). Sundance has sales..."
- "I thought my Lennar complaint was awful then I read about Ruth in Pearland, Texas. They purchased a Lennar Home with a cracked concrete slab which was not disclosed..."
- "BEWARE OF ESURANCE!!! THEY ARE THE WORST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.On April 13, 2012 I had a not at fault accident where my truck incurred about $2,500.00..."
- "Lennar: A Corporate Sleazebag? Too Big to go to Jail - The Lennar Story -FDI's soon to be released documentary. Good reading for anyone who is thinking..."
- "I've had my NetSpend account for well over 2 years now. My direct deposit from work goes into this account as well as my tax refund deposit. I recently decided..."
- "I called to get the sectional at the advertised price, but was told that was not correct and that correct price was over $5,000.00. The salesman I was chatting with..."
- "I found an inexpensive 100 Watt LED. The description was contradictory and lacked the most important information to actually run the thing. I wanted to inform them of the fact..."