Expedia ruined my honeymoon flight plans
I used Expedia to book flights for my honeymoon.A month and a half later, I received an email that my flights had been changed and that I needed to contact Expedia.
The first time I called them, I was at work - I thought a quick call could resolve the problem, but I spent 10 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone, who then put me on hold for a further 10 minutes. I finally had to hang up because I couldn't neglect my responsibilities at work any longer. The second time I called, I spent at least 20 minutes on hold just waiting to speak to someone. I'm baffled as to why they couldn't take the initiative to contact me, which could've saved me over 30 minutes of waiting on hold.
Once I finally managed to speak with someone, I was told that my flight time had been changed by more than 11 hours. I was given two options - request a full refund (and then have to pay full price on a new reservation, which was now considerably more expensive), or accept another less-than-ideal flight at no discount. I grudgingly accepted another flight, then spent well over an hour on hold (again) just waiting for a confirmation that everything had been changed and that my soon to be wife and I would still be able to sit together on the plane. Once everything was finally confirmed, I voiced my displeasure at Expedia's handling of the entire situation.
The representative offered a $50 Expedia voucher, but didn't send it to me or explain how to find/redeem it. In short, I spent two hours on the phone attempting to resolve something that should've already been taken care of, I got stuck with a flight that I didn't want, I lost several hours of my honeymoon due to the later flight, and all they offered in compensation was a $50 credit to spend on another Expedia reservation (which doesn't even cover half of the cost of a hotel stay). To add insult to injury, when they sent my new itinerary, it was addressed "Dear _____" - they didn't even bother to type my name into the email.
If I ever get my $50 credit, I'm going to sell it to someone else, as I never intend to use the company for anything ever again.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I (Milly Mathew, email@example.com) had booked accommodation in the name of Kevin Benny Kuriakose on 12th May 2014 for the Budget Flats Antwerp through Expedia website from 1st June 2014..."
- "I thought the deal was too good to be true, but I gave it a try anyway. When we arrived at the hotel, they confirmed what was included in our..."
- "Our Review of the Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa in Gatlinburg Tenn..."
- "Dr. Tony Mangubat is INCOMPETENT Dr. Tony Mangubat (aka Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, Dr. Elmer A. Mangubat, Dr. E. A. “Tony” Mangubat, Dr. Elmer Antonio Mangubat), LA BELLE VIE Cosmetic Surgery..."
- "LAWSUIT AND SWORN TESTIMONY REVEAL LENNAR CONSPIRACY ORCHESTRATED BY CEO MILLER--Lennar is a company that will stop at nothing to make money. The management has a "win at all..."
- "When any company represents by documents and statements that the home you are purchasing is "Energy Star" Certified and "Comfort Wise," you believe it to be a fact. Lennar also..."
- "This isn't about the hospital part but for equipped for life... Went to equipped for life in Hagerstown, Maryland on May 3rd, 2015. We got sooo disrespected not once but..."
- "This was my first experience shopping on everbuying.net. I ordered Kingston 64GB micro SDXC memory card (E1511291453375905), prices in this store was much cheaper than others. Payment through protection..."
- "For the last 10 years I have had a Pfister kitchen faucet. Very happy with the way it looks and the way it workED. One day, 3 weeks ago, the..."