Expedia ruined my honeymoon flight plans
I used Expedia to book flights for my honeymoon.A month and a half later, I received an email that my flights had been changed and that I needed to contact Expedia.
The first time I called them, I was at work - I thought a quick call could resolve the problem, but I spent 10 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone, who then put me on hold for a further 10 minutes. I finally had to hang up because I couldn't neglect my responsibilities at work any longer. The second time I called, I spent at least 20 minutes on hold just waiting to speak to someone. I'm baffled as to why they couldn't take the initiative to contact me, which could've saved me over 30 minutes of waiting on hold.
Once I finally managed to speak with someone, I was told that my flight time had been changed by more than 11 hours. I was given two options - request a full refund (and then have to pay full price on a new reservation, which was now considerably more expensive), or accept another less-than-ideal flight at no discount. I grudgingly accepted another flight, then spent well over an hour on hold (again) just waiting for a confirmation that everything had been changed and that my soon to be wife and I would still be able to sit together on the plane. Once everything was finally confirmed, I voiced my displeasure at Expedia's handling of the entire situation.
The representative offered a $50 Expedia voucher, but didn't send it to me or explain how to find/redeem it. In short, I spent two hours on the phone attempting to resolve something that should've already been taken care of, I got stuck with a flight that I didn't want, I lost several hours of my honeymoon due to the later flight, and all they offered in compensation was a $50 credit to spend on another Expedia reservation (which doesn't even cover half of the cost of a hotel stay). To add insult to injury, when they sent my new itinerary, it was addressed "Dear _____" - they didn't even bother to type my name into the email.
If I ever get my $50 credit, I'm going to sell it to someone else, as I never intend to use the company for anything ever again.d4fb36a review #298409
You may also like
- " Spirit Incentives deposited/cashed my registration deposit check and I attempted to make a reservation at the destination of my choice. In frustration I sent the following email: "You deposited my..."
- "Pink and black mold in shower 3 Effingham, IL TA. Not acceptable!!!! If the showers were cleaned with bacterial fighting cleansers, such as those used in hospitals, mold and..."
- "Extremely poor customer service.. I booked a 4.5 Star All Inclusive with Free Internet Hotel from Unpublished rate. But the hotel I got is neither All Inclusive nor it has..."
- "The owner of Midas Balwyn (Kew), charged for a job under warranty, which he refused to acknowledged, resulting in a double payment. Post that the additional worked that was done,..."
- "Just got my windows installed not impressed . If your selling quality windows at the estimate things change later. I had four windows installed 2 of the windows have..."
- "I ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday through another online company that subcontracted to Wesley Berry. I had no idea the order was going through Wesley Berry until the..."
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "SFR Shops LLC or leatherfurniturecenter.com sold damaged goods, did not uphold delivery date, blamed the shipping company, would not return inquiries in a timely manner, lied and stated we would..."
- "Dr. Tony Mangubat is INCOMPETENT Dr. Tony Mangubat (aka Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, Dr. Elmer A. Mangubat, Dr. E. A. “Tony” Mangubat, Dr. Elmer Antonio Mangubat), LA BELLE VIE Cosmetic Surgery..."