Expedia ruined my honeymoon flight plans
I used Expedia to book flights for my honeymoon.A month and a half later, I received an email that my flights had been changed and that I needed to contact Expedia.
The first time I called them, I was at work - I thought a quick call could resolve the problem, but I spent 10 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone, who then put me on hold for a further 10 minutes. I finally had to hang up because I couldn't neglect my responsibilities at work any longer. The second time I called, I spent at least 20 minutes on hold just waiting to speak to someone. I'm baffled as to why they couldn't take the initiative to contact me, which could've saved me over 30 minutes of waiting on hold.
Once I finally managed to speak with someone, I was told that my flight time had been changed by more than 11 hours. I was given two options - request a full refund (and then have to pay full price on a new reservation, which was now considerably more expensive), or accept another less-than-ideal flight at no discount. I grudgingly accepted another flight, then spent well over an hour on hold (again) just waiting for a confirmation that everything had been changed and that my soon to be wife and I would still be able to sit together on the plane. Once everything was finally confirmed, I voiced my displeasure at Expedia's handling of the entire situation.
The representative offered a $50 Expedia voucher, but didn't send it to me or explain how to find/redeem it. In short, I spent two hours on the phone attempting to resolve something that should've already been taken care of, I got stuck with a flight that I didn't want, I lost several hours of my honeymoon due to the later flight, and all they offered in compensation was a $50 credit to spend on another Expedia reservation (which doesn't even cover half of the cost of a hotel stay). To add insult to injury, when they sent my new itinerary, it was addressed "Dear _____" - they didn't even bother to type my name into the email.
If I ever get my $50 credit, I'm going to sell it to someone else, as I never intend to use the company for anything ever again.eee5131 review #298409
You may also like
- "Absolutely disappointed. Booked a flight a few months ago and made a change to its date paid the fees and went through the whole process. Last week I decided I..."
- "I booked an online vacation package from Expedia.ca for 2 Adults and 1 three year old in Jan 2014. I booked this package from Edmonton to Maui. Since Expedia rated..."
- "After booking a rental car with Dollar Rent A Car I got reeled in to Travelers Advantage with their offers of "$40 of free gas" which, during the call got..."
- "All the lettering on both machines you can wash off with your finger, called customer service with LG I was told cosmetic, they want stand behind it read your owners..."
- "I am a florist from out of town. I ordered a standing spray to stand at my Aunt's casket. I think they thought since I was out of town, I..."
- "I was charged 450 dollars for a 1040ez completion. I am a single dad and claim one son…. They completed my taxes and had to resubmit at that time I..."
- "Well, my Husband and I thought that the owner of this store, David, was a great friend but we were quite wrong. David comes off as a sweet, and caring..."
- "SFR Shops LLC or leatherfurniturecenter.com sold damaged goods, did not uphold delivery date, blamed the shipping company, would not return inquiries in a timely manner, lied and stated we would..."
- "Dr. Tony Mangubat is INCOMPETENT Dr. Tony Mangubat (aka Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, Dr. Elmer A. Mangubat, Dr. E. A. “Tony” Mangubat, Dr. Elmer Antonio Mangubat), LA BELLE VIE Cosmetic Surgery..."