Expedia ruined my honeymoon flight plans
I used Expedia to book flights for my honeymoon.A month and a half later, I received an email that my flights had been changed and that I needed to contact Expedia.
The first time I called them, I was at work - I thought a quick call could resolve the problem, but I spent 10 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone, who then put me on hold for a further 10 minutes. I finally had to hang up because I couldn't neglect my responsibilities at work any longer. The second time I called, I spent at least 20 minutes on hold just waiting to speak to someone. I'm baffled as to why they couldn't take the initiative to contact me, which could've saved me over 30 minutes of waiting on hold.
Once I finally managed to speak with someone, I was told that my flight time had been changed by more than 11 hours. I was given two options - request a full refund (and then have to pay full price on a new reservation, which was now considerably more expensive), or accept another less-than-ideal flight at no discount. I grudgingly accepted another flight, then spent well over an hour on hold (again) just waiting for a confirmation that everything had been changed and that my soon to be wife and I would still be able to sit together on the plane. Once everything was finally confirmed, I voiced my displeasure at Expedia's handling of the entire situation.
The representative offered a $50 Expedia voucher, but didn't send it to me or explain how to find/redeem it. In short, I spent two hours on the phone attempting to resolve something that should've already been taken care of, I got stuck with a flight that I didn't want, I lost several hours of my honeymoon due to the later flight, and all they offered in compensation was a $50 credit to spend on another Expedia reservation (which doesn't even cover half of the cost of a hotel stay). To add insult to injury, when they sent my new itinerary, it was addressed "Dear _____" - they didn't even bother to type my name into the email.
If I ever get my $50 credit, I'm going to sell it to someone else, as I never intend to use the company for anything ever again.1096de1c review #298409
You may also like
- "Untrustworty Review SystemSep 21, 2010wwwvrbocom20213 says:DislikesOtherPoor customer supportComments:This site has a bogus and worthless traveler review system. The systemhas no quality control measures to validate reviews. The reviews aresubjective and..."
- "I booked 1 week on Airbnb, however, needed a month of service until I moved my 19-year-old to his own place. I was told by Ingrid that she had..."
- "We booked a condo unit in Seoul just this past June for 9 people. The title is "Celebrities areas and family, group stay" with Jay and Rana. The price was..."
- "I used to self-fill 5 gallons of water for as little as .25/gal & had wondered if I could filter my own water at home with equal or better results..."
- "We moved to Amarillo last Jan. And bought dining room furniture from Ashleys. Furniture was delivered to us damaged. The furniture was the Ledelle. Chunk of wood from table and..."
- "I have been trying to advertise my add for two days its saying transaction complete but not takein money from my card this is bcomeing a issue for me I've..."
- "We left a message with James Perry, President of Lennar on Nov. 28,200SIX.We stated that Lennar should change their founding principles. Lennar states "highest standards for caring for their..."
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "We paid nearly 4,000.00 for a custom Paula Sofa. It was finally brought to us last week. I had to refuse delivery! A PIECE OF JUNK I would not..."