Expedia ruined my honeymoon flight plans
I used Expedia to book flights for my honeymoon.A month and a half later, I received an email that my flights had been changed and that I needed to contact Expedia.
The first time I called them, I was at work - I thought a quick call could resolve the problem, but I spent 10 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone, who then put me on hold for a further 10 minutes. I finally had to hang up because I couldn't neglect my responsibilities at work any longer. The second time I called, I spent at least 20 minutes on hold just waiting to speak to someone. I'm baffled as to why they couldn't take the initiative to contact me, which could've saved me over 30 minutes of waiting on hold.
Once I finally managed to speak with someone, I was told that my flight time had been changed by more than 11 hours. I was given two options - request a full refund (and then have to pay full price on a new reservation, which was now considerably more expensive), or accept another less-than-ideal flight at no discount. I grudgingly accepted another flight, then spent well over an hour on hold (again) just waiting for a confirmation that everything had been changed and that my soon to be wife and I would still be able to sit together on the plane. Once everything was finally confirmed, I voiced my displeasure at Expedia's handling of the entire situation.
The representative offered a $50 Expedia voucher, but didn't send it to me or explain how to find/redeem it. In short, I spent two hours on the phone attempting to resolve something that should've already been taken care of, I got stuck with a flight that I didn't want, I lost several hours of my honeymoon due to the later flight, and all they offered in compensation was a $50 credit to spend on another Expedia reservation (which doesn't even cover half of the cost of a hotel stay). To add insult to injury, when they sent my new itinerary, it was addressed "Dear _____" - they didn't even bother to type my name into the email.
If I ever get my $50 credit, I'm going to sell it to someone else, as I never intend to use the company for anything ever again.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Arrived at 2 Bed/2 Bath "premium" condo at Eagle's Nest at Indian Point to find we were in "TAN" units when we went to the office to complain about the..."
- "I booked an online vacation package from Expedia.ca for 2 Adults and 1 three year old in Jan 2014. I booked this package from Edmonton to Maui. Since Expedia rated..."
- "I (Milly Mathew, firstname.lastname@example.org) had booked accommodation in the name of Kevin Benny Kuriakose on 12th May 2014 for the Budget Flats Antwerp through Expedia website from 1st June 2014..."
- "Customers Beware!!: Don't Buy from Frontier Communications: Speaking only as a customer of Frontier Communicationâ€™s High Speed Internet and Phone Services, I have done all I could to work out with..."
- "Eighty-nine homeowners from Bakersfield, CA filed a lawsuit against LENNAR Homes for construction defects. Milstein, Adelman, and Kreger, the firm representing the homeowners, released a statement saying: "These..."
- "We contracted with Blue Haven Pools of Pensacola / Panhandle (Gulf Breeze, FL) in 2006 to install our pool, spa, waterfall and retaining wall. The project was consistently delayed..."
- "I was about to seriously consider taking an AMCAT test (which itself is a big mistake) and then, somehow, AMCAT has acquired my email address (there are multiple instances where..."
- "I just recieved the firepit table I'd ordered last week from Target.com. The box was clearly damaged in shipping and, after opening, we found the product (particularly the marble table..."
- "My husband bought me flowers from pro flowers for Valentine's Day, when we got them some of the flowers were already semi wilted a few of them were snapped at..."