Expedia ruined my honeymoon flight plans
I used Expedia to book flights for my honeymoon.A month and a half later, I received an email that my flights had been changed and that I needed to contact Expedia.
The first time I called them, I was at work - I thought a quick call could resolve the problem, but I spent 10 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone, who then put me on hold for a further 10 minutes. I finally had to hang up because I couldn't neglect my responsibilities at work any longer. The second time I called, I spent at least 20 minutes on hold just waiting to speak to someone. I'm baffled as to why they couldn't take the initiative to contact me, which could've saved me over 30 minutes of waiting on hold.
Once I finally managed to speak with someone, I was told that my flight time had been changed by more than 11 hours. I was given two options - request a full refund (and then have to pay full price on a new reservation, which was now considerably more expensive), or accept another less-than-ideal flight at no discount. I grudgingly accepted another flight, then spent well over an hour on hold (again) just waiting for a confirmation that everything had been changed and that my soon to be wife and I would still be able to sit together on the plane. Once everything was finally confirmed, I voiced my displeasure at Expedia's handling of the entire situation.
The representative offered a $50 Expedia voucher, but didn't send it to me or explain how to find/redeem it. In short, I spent two hours on the phone attempting to resolve something that should've already been taken care of, I got stuck with a flight that I didn't want, I lost several hours of my honeymoon due to the later flight, and all they offered in compensation was a $50 credit to spend on another Expedia reservation (which doesn't even cover half of the cost of a hotel stay). To add insult to injury, when they sent my new itinerary, it was addressed "Dear _____" - they didn't even bother to type my name into the email.
If I ever get my $50 credit, I'm going to sell it to someone else, as I never intend to use the company for anything ever again.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "This was our first all inclusive, adults only vacation and our travel agent suggested Punta Cana and Secrets. WOW! Such pampering...EXCELLENTE! The grounds, our room and the food and entertainment..."
- "The attached video is from a ABC affiliate investigative report on the Sundance office in Indianapolis, Indiana. (They call themselves Smartravel, but it's the same company as Sundance, with the..."
- "The Omni Cancun Resort is an amazing location for a family vacation. The employees were super friendly especially Aldo from the taco bar, Santiago from the hotel restaurant and Adrianna..."
- "Purchased a pack of bacon before thanksgiving holiday with hopes of frying up for Thanksgiving breakfast. Opened package and its a block of fat (see picture). I was shocked to..."
- "Lennar: A Corporate Sleazebag? Too Big to go to Jail - The Lennar Story -FDI's soon to be released documentary. Good reading for anyone who is thinking..."
- "Dropped a 95 Honda Accord of at around noon on 5/11/2012. Wanted the car checked for possible catalytic converter replacement. Asked for a call when diagnosis was done...."
- "Hi my name is Erin Yarbrough. I am doing a dispute on Skyla Foster, a distributor for ItWorks. I placed an order with her on April 26 2016, for two..."
- "We recently purchased two windows by special order from Menards Rochester North in MN. Those two windows costed us $1442.62. When we picked up the windows, we immediately noticed..."
- "I purchased Hearnotes...the earphones were never made, or if they were I never received. I contacted Indiegogo and they said they have no responsibility but will give me the..."