Expedia ruined my honeymoon flight plans
I used Expedia to book flights for my honeymoon.A month and a half later, I received an email that my flights had been changed and that I needed to contact Expedia.
The first time I called them, I was at work - I thought a quick call could resolve the problem, but I spent 10 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone, who then put me on hold for a further 10 minutes. I finally had to hang up because I couldn't neglect my responsibilities at work any longer. The second time I called, I spent at least 20 minutes on hold just waiting to speak to someone. I'm baffled as to why they couldn't take the initiative to contact me, which could've saved me over 30 minutes of waiting on hold.
Once I finally managed to speak with someone, I was told that my flight time had been changed by more than 11 hours. I was given two options - request a full refund (and then have to pay full price on a new reservation, which was now considerably more expensive), or accept another less-than-ideal flight at no discount. I grudgingly accepted another flight, then spent well over an hour on hold (again) just waiting for a confirmation that everything had been changed and that my soon to be wife and I would still be able to sit together on the plane. Once everything was finally confirmed, I voiced my displeasure at Expedia's handling of the entire situation.
The representative offered a $50 Expedia voucher, but didn't send it to me or explain how to find/redeem it. In short, I spent two hours on the phone attempting to resolve something that should've already been taken care of, I got stuck with a flight that I didn't want, I lost several hours of my honeymoon due to the later flight, and all they offered in compensation was a $50 credit to spend on another Expedia reservation (which doesn't even cover half of the cost of a hotel stay). To add insult to injury, when they sent my new itinerary, it was addressed "Dear _____" - they didn't even bother to type my name into the email.
If I ever get my $50 credit, I'm going to sell it to someone else, as I never intend to use the company for anything ever again.review #298409
You may also like
- "I took my RV to camping world at ST.Augustine FL. first lie Stephen Phillips I bought new tires no problem I told Steve while you have the tires off check..."
- "I booked an online vacation package from Expedia.ca for 2 Adults and 1 three year old in Jan 2014. I booked this package from Edmonton to Maui. Since Expedia rated..."
- " I just returned from the Costa Rica Coast to Coast to Coast with EF Tours. This tour was overall a terrible experience. The horrible accommodations..."
- "When any company represents by documents and statements that the home you are purchasing is "Energy Star" Certified and "Comfort Wise," you believe it to be a fact. Lennar also..."
- "ISHRS is a DISGRACE!! International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery is a DISGRACE!! This is a NON-COMMERCIAL posting/website. Any statements I make below are my own opinion. For reasons described below, the..."
- "InventHelp Trina of Jacksonville, NC September 2, 2009I submitted an idea for an invention, FIREXCELL,(Fingerprint Activated Firearm), that would use the finger print recognition, (biometrics) to access and unlock a weapon...."
- "I am a disabled man right arm in addition to suffering a serious brain injury following a motorbike accident. Richard Smith from R.S. Property Services Wolverhampton provided a price to complete..."
- "Just experienced that myself. Am a regular shopper. Won't be doing none there no more. Im not gonna refer no one no more. I wasn't told that if i use..."
- "This is a bowl of soup I waited almost two hours for!..."