Expedia ruined my honeymoon flight plans
I used Expedia to book flights for my honeymoon.A month and a half later, I received an email that my flights had been changed and that I needed to contact Expedia.
The first time I called them, I was at work - I thought a quick call could resolve the problem, but I spent 10 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone, who then put me on hold for a further 10 minutes. I finally had to hang up because I couldn't neglect my responsibilities at work any longer. The second time I called, I spent at least 20 minutes on hold just waiting to speak to someone. I'm baffled as to why they couldn't take the initiative to contact me, which could've saved me over 30 minutes of waiting on hold.
Once I finally managed to speak with someone, I was told that my flight time had been changed by more than 11 hours. I was given two options - request a full refund (and then have to pay full price on a new reservation, which was now considerably more expensive), or accept another less-than-ideal flight at no discount. I grudgingly accepted another flight, then spent well over an hour on hold (again) just waiting for a confirmation that everything had been changed and that my soon to be wife and I would still be able to sit together on the plane. Once everything was finally confirmed, I voiced my displeasure at Expedia's handling of the entire situation.
The representative offered a $50 Expedia voucher, but didn't send it to me or explain how to find/redeem it. In short, I spent two hours on the phone attempting to resolve something that should've already been taken care of, I got stuck with a flight that I didn't want, I lost several hours of my honeymoon due to the later flight, and all they offered in compensation was a $50 credit to spend on another Expedia reservation (which doesn't even cover half of the cost of a hotel stay). To add insult to injury, when they sent my new itinerary, it was addressed "Dear _____" - they didn't even bother to type my name into the email.
If I ever get my $50 credit, I'm going to sell it to someone else, as I never intend to use the company for anything ever again.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "We had a FANTABULOUS time! We stayed in Los Cabos San Lucas at Villa Del Palmar Resort! What an awesome trip! We enjoyed the Glass Bottom Boat trip and..."
- "We booked a condo unit in Seoul just this past June for 9 people. The title is "Celebrities areas and family, group stay" with Jay and Rana. The price was..."
- "I booked 1 week on Airbnb, however, needed a month of service until I moved my 19-year-old to his own place. I was told by Ingrid that she had..."
- "Oil change at WAL-MART resulted in engine plug falling out September 30, 2011, locking up my engine. Towed to 2 shops that verified it was a WALMART problem. WALMART would..."
- "Dr. Tony Mangubat is INCOMPETENT Dr. Tony Mangubat (aka Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, Dr. Elmer A. Mangubat, Dr. E. A. “Tony” Mangubat, Dr. Elmer Antonio Mangubat), LA BELLE VIE Cosmetic Surgery..."
- "THEY ARE THIEVES! THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY! I ordered a Paypower cardonline and decided to put $4000 to the account fo my trip that I was planning on for over..."
- "Walmart had a huge scam going this Black Friday. There website was either messed up or just outright dirty. I tried to order the thing where it said, "Choose 2..."
- "This is now the second year in a row I'm dealing with this light issue! First year, after getting everything the tree all set up, I noticed that the top..."
- "Everything was a complete rip off from the start. The wig was for $137 but they charged $5extra from my card,which I didn't mind as long as I would receive..."