Expedia does the bait and switch

967 of 1386 Expedia Reviews

Expedia offered a 100 dollar resort credit for each day booked for my vacation at the Ritz Carlton.I specifically chose them to book my stay BECAUSE of this resort credit.

Then upon arrival at the Ritz Carlton in Puerto Rico, they said it wasn't booked that way and they couldn't honor the credit without the expedia email confirming the resort credit. Expedia of course didn't include that information on my expedia email. After complaining and waiting on the phone for 20 minutes after the trip, they said that this resort credit is actually offered by the Ritz and when they contacted the hotel, my stay didn't qualify.

Typical bait and switch.I'm very disappointed in both the Ritz and Expedia and will not be using Expedia again and plan to complain to Ritz for their less than 5 star service.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
967 of 1386 Expedia Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 25, 2012 #437211

Right! I am in the middle of this right now. The resort credit is a "seal the deal" tactic that often makes the buyer feel like their getting something a little extra. However, you can only see the details once you've book and you are told that the airport-hotel transfers talked about in the "resort credit" is only good for one person. Wait, but the room rate was based on double occupancy, and I bought two plane tickets, why didn't you let me know that before hand? I'm getting the impression my prepaid Expedia package isn't going to end well at all.

0 0 Reply

Feb 14, 2012 #429376

Nobody can help you unless you can provide a link to the original offer as well as copies of all correspondence.
At this point, we can safely assume you didn't read the offer details.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.