Expedia does the bait and switch

601 of 1020 Expedia Reviews
Feb 13, 2012
review #296784

Expedia offered a 100 dollar resort credit for each day booked for my vacation at the Ritz Carlton.I specifically chose them to book my stay BECAUSE of this resort credit.

Then upon arrival at the Ritz Carlton in Puerto Rico, they said it wasn't booked that way and they couldn't honor the credit without the expedia email confirming the resort credit. Expedia of course didn't include that information on my expedia email. After complaining and waiting on the phone for 20 minutes after the trip, they said that this resort credit is actually offered by the Ritz and when they contacted the hotel, my stay didn't qualify.

Typical bait and switch.I'm very disappointed in both the Ritz and Expedia and will not be using Expedia again and plan to complain to Ritz for their less than 5 star service.

bf16a1f
Had an experience with Expedia?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
601 of 1020 Expedia Reviews
Dave

Feb 25, 2012

Right! I am in the middle of this right now. The resort credit is a "seal the deal" tactic that often makes the buyer feel like their getting something a little extra. However, you can only see the details once you've book and you are told that the airport-hotel transfers talked about in the "resort credit" is only good for one person. Wait, but the room rate was based on double occupancy, and I bought two plane tickets, why didn't you let me know that before hand? I'm getting the impression my prepaid Expedia package isn't going to end well at all.

0 0 Reply
duh

Feb 14, 2012

Nobody can help you unless you can provide a link to the original offer as well as copies of all correspondence.
At this point, we can safely assume you didn't read the offer details.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.