Expedia does the bait and switch
Expedia offered a 100 dollar resort credit for each day booked for my vacation at the Ritz Carlton.I specifically chose them to book my stay BECAUSE of this resort credit.
Then upon arrival at the Ritz Carlton in Puerto Rico, they said it wasn't booked that way and they couldn't honor the credit without the expedia email confirming the resort credit. Expedia of course didn't include that information on my expedia email. After complaining and waiting on the phone for 20 minutes after the trip, they said that this resort credit is actually offered by the Ritz and when they contacted the hotel, my stay didn't qualify.
Typical bait and switch.I'm very disappointed in both the Ritz and Expedia and will not be using Expedia again and plan to complain to Ritz for their less than 5 star service.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
- Review rating
- 1 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I was booking a reservation and the site had technical issues. It did not book my trip however did place a 1500 hold on my account, which prevented me from..."
- "Extremely poor customer service.. I booked a 4.5 Star All Inclusive with Free Internet Hotel from Unpublished rate. But the hotel I got is neither All Inclusive nor it has..."
- "Booked Hotel with Expedia. It was 4 star hotel advertised on Expedia's site. Ended up being a horror Hotel with dirty rooms, filthy windows, hazardous bathroom with no handles or..."
- "The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company..."
- "They destroyed nearly everything they touched and paid for none of it. They have been giving me the run around for over 8 months now. Worst moving company ever...."
- "Howard Tanner Esq Lawyer is totally incompetent. I was scammed out of $10,000 dollars by this sleazy lawyer. I paid him his legal fees, in cash, upfront as requested by..."
- "Started out ok. Made a promise of completing our very small but only bathroom in 5 days. I figured it would be longer, but I wasn't prepared for this...."
- "I purchased the double reclining sofa in bonded leather in 2012. The leather started peeling last year, 3 years into it. The sofa gets little use, no children..."
- "I purchased a brand new pair of BullBoxer sneakers while on vacation in Santorini, Greece last week. I live in the US so I'm usually hesitant to purchase items out..."